Look at this! I wander away for a couple of days and the thread fills up with all kinds of lovely comments! wave (Psst - check your email...)
I love that Lois gets so worked up that she includes Clark's behavior towards Linda while on assignment as part of the betrayal. And then that she takes it to this level of irrationality.
I don't think you can often use the words "rational" and "Lois Lane" in the same sentence. She has amazing leaps of logic but she tends to use her emotions more than she'd ever admit to anyone (including herself). wink

DC - You came back for the second half! Yay! I'm glad you liked both stories. laugh
Though, it *is* a little strange he didn't duck into the men's room to remove it.
To be fair to Clark, he wiped at it and then Lois did, so he didn't realize there was still a little left.
Oh! Love it! Clark thinks it's the Superman kiss; she really means the implied affair with Clark. Brilliant!
Thanks! That was one of the chief reasons a second story was necessary.
And I'll bet *that* makes her feel like a big winner.
It does indeed. It's better than gloating - she knows something Linda never will.
Usually, it's Clark who's the master of the dual meaning. I love that Lois gets to be the one doing that here.
Me, too! I love writing Clark's double meanings, but writing one for Lois is even more fun.
I saw it as a) perfect is boring. And b) *practice* makes perfect. So, she's really just opening the door for lots more nights where they make love.
Yes, exactly!

Then Virginia said: Sue changed the line, I see, since my note.

I did?!? confused

I remember making a mental note to review it and telling Virginia that I would try to shade it so it was more obvious they were teasing each other, but I don't remember actually changing anything. So I scrolled up to where Virginia quoted the lines in her FDK and opened a second window to look at the story… Nope, no change. Sorry, I never tweaked it. frown I wasn't sure how to do it. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has one.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis