Even awesom-er the second time around with your edits. I loved it from beginning to end from both POVs.

thumbsup

I liked seeing Lois' and Linda's reaction to the film. Can I say that I was gloating along with her at how awful it sounded? Then the transition to the revelation from Lois' POV made so much sense. Loved the reveal and the reaction on Clark's and then Lois' parts.

Virginia said:
Clark smiled at her before kissing her forehead softly. "I know we're turning over a new leaf regarding honesty, but if tonight doesn't turn out to be perfect, it's okay if you lie and say it was."
And there it is. Pooor Clark. He thinks he's going to disappoint Lois. My heart breaks for him. He thinks that she's going to go to bed with Superman and wake up with Clark and be disappointed because neither of him was perfect.
Actually, that's not how I took it at all. I read it to be Clark's way of saying that tonight was already perfect, but if it wasn't for Lois, then she could lie if she wanted.

And then the tease from Lois -- I could have read it two different ways, but didn't think of it in the terms you mentioned. One way I thought of was the reference to the gawd-awful Linda/Superman drivel they'd both sat through. Supposed to be perfect in the movies, but if their lives turn out differently, then that's better.

The other way is that Lois knows that Clark isn't perfect and that neither is she. How could life, loving and living together, always go smoothly? I think Lois would rather have a real life with Clark.

FWIW...

B