Alas, I cannot blame Carol (who has nudged me consistently) for the delay. I have to plead that RL issues are sucking up my time, as well as my private meltdown that either the story was too complicated and/or too obvious/identical to other stories. blush

HappyGirl - I think you'd have to include at least three other authors if you're going to do a comparative reading. wink I stated at the outset in my author's notes that I got the idea for a switcheroo from RodStewFan and Kipp's "Switch" (an nfic) and Kipp's sequel "Not Again" (also nfic). Last summer when I was telling a group of FoLC's about the story I was working on, I was informed that zoomway wrote one as well (sorry, I don't know the title).

Kathryn - I've been reworking 10 to try and make it crystal clear what's going on. Hopefully you won't be confused after that.

Brenda! - You're right -- I've been dawdling all this time in the hopes that you'd come back. :p Seriously, I'm thrilled/relieved/delighted to find out that you're still reading. dance

Ann - Soon! I'm hoping to have time tonight. <fingers crossed>

dcarson - Very true - but it's the disturbing concepts that make it so fun. laugh

I apologize both for the delay and for attempting to write without a beta. I see now that what made perfect sense in my mind really should have been reviewed by a sentient being first. blush Mea culpa! grovel

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis