Wait! I just thought of something!

Wells was basically asking Flark's permission to destroy Flark, Fetropolis and Fearth. Either that, or else both timelines would be destroyed, so that there would be no Lois and Clark anywhere - make that anywhen.

Okay, but what about Lois? I mean, what about Plois? If she goes back and Flois stays, then there will be two Loises in one timeline, and catastrophe will ensue. (Surely two Loises is more than one universe can cope with.) But what if Plois goes back and Flois is sent back, too, or rather Flois is sent forward - only she is sent forward to nothing? Because her timeline imploded when Plois returned? So that Flois will implode herself when she goes forward?

Can Flark allow that?

Can any Clark say to H. G. Wells, Yes, by all means, fix the timeline so that Utopia can exist, and fix it by killing Lois if you must? Fix it by killing my wife?

No, Lois won't really be killed. Or at least, she will go on existing. Plois will go on existing. But Flois, the woman Flark has been married to for three years, will be killed. The woman Flark has held in his arms almost every night since their wedding, the woman whose heartbeat he has listened to, the woman whose hair he has buried his face in, the woman he has caressed...Can he just say to H.G. Wells, Yes, kill Lois by all means?

Can he?

Maybe he has to, if that is the only way for him to save any Lois. Still... doing so would be so not Clark.

Ann