OMG! OMG! OMG! sloppy sloppy sloppy

One of the scariest things about posting this part is that no one else had read it first. So, if this part was confusing, I apologize profusely. grovel

The key to understanding why Wells did what he did (aside from the fact that he's an interfering busybody) is to accept one important thing: the characters are not separate entities, but really are the same people. It's probably time to stop referring to them as Flark/Plark/Flois/Plois (which was only what my early beta, alcyone, called them to stave off confusion). Over the course of the story, while they might be in different times, they were never different/separate people. They are, and always were, simply Clark and Lois.

There's no way that the whole planet blows up! I never suggested that having Lois return to 1995 was going to annihilate anything but every stupid plot twist from the series that I, personally, have long despised with every fiber of my being. The only thing that changes if Lois returns to 1995 is that there is no clone arc, very little NK action and the possibility of children. True, the future that the older Clark currently inhabits changes, but it certainly doesn't utterly disappear. He still has a future, it just might be different.

Thank you so much for sticking with me to this point. I hope Wells' logic makes a little more sense now. He will elaborate a tiny bit more in the next part, but maybe I should change that to be more clear. blush

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis