Ehhrrrmmm. Sue, do you know that I always hated Star Wars? And do you know why? It was because Darth Vader blew up Princess Leia's planet - her PLANET!!!!!!!! - and everybody, not least Leia herself, acted as if it was not that big a deal.
Ann, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Leia's whole planet - nearly everyone she knew and loved, all the places around which she'd grown up - were gone forever, and she didn't even cry! That experience should have either pushed her into a catatonic state or enraged her beyond recovery. But everyone treated it like someone bulldozed a local park. "Oh, well, we have lots of other planets in the Republic. We'll just go on vacation somewhere else this year." I liked the movie overall, but I've always thought that was a problem Leia never dealt with.

They have to get past-Lois (I just can't type Pl - P - Plo - sorry!) in on this decision. I think Wells is wrong, that leaving things as they are (with Loises swapped out) would create a second timeline, not destroy everything. The worst it would do would be to overlay the current reality with the altered one. Of course, that presupposes that bringing Lois back to the past from a future which no longer exists won't do something hinky to the timeline.

Eww. I hate temporal mechanics.

And what is Wells doing? What is the arrogant little idiot thinking? If Utopia is dependent on Clark and Lois having kids and the only way to fix that is to kill Luthor way earlier, and he knows that there really is a Utopia, then isn't he fixing an altered timeline? Why couldn't he just whack Luthor himself? It's not that much different from deliberately setting the events in motion which would kill him.

And what will the time cops do to him when they find out what he's up to? What actions might they take to "fix" the timeline yet again? Are we going to see a quantum leap (sorry!) in the number of possible universes, all branching out from 1993?

I'm not sure that past-Clark would want to be married to past-Lois now. He's just proposed to future-Lois and she's accepted. Doesn't that cheapen their love for each other if he's playing with their hearts like it's a game of jacks?

Fascinating concept. Very well executed. Engaging story. Post the last chapter already!

Then I'm going to find Wells and punch him right in the mouth. Hard!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing