Previously on When Mary-Sue Met a Devastated Clark

"Gosh, Mary-Sue. It looks like we were made for each other," he said.

"Yes, Clark."

He stopped walking and turned to her, taking her hands in his. "If this is a fantasy, do you think it would be okay if I kissed you right now even though I hardly know you?"

"Oh, I think that would be acceptable," she said airily.

He gathered her into his arms, and very soon the computer technician was the happiest woman in the entire world of Folcdom...
... until their world crashed around them when Lex reappeared out of nowhere (El had dumped him for the resurrected Dr Tempus) and swept Mary-Sue off her feet. She promptly ended her relationship with Clark for the fast and furious adventure of living with such a clever and ingenious man. (Life with Clark, was, after all, pretty dull once you got used to the tights and red briefs.)

Clark was walking aimlessly around the streets of Metropolis, feeling dejected and lonely, when he ran into a red-haired woman (literally). He caught her just before she fell, and felt his spirits lift up immediately. They profusely apologised to each other for being so careless, and he realised that she spoke with a French accent. Immediately reminded of his travels, he invited her for coffee and they talked until the crack of dawn.

Clark realised that the girl (whose name was Marie-Sue - a weird coincidence, but the different spelling made him shrug away the memories of Mary-Sue) was someone he really liked (hey, this is a fantasy, I can dream, too), and so within a few months, they were married and lived happily ever after.

The end. jump

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~