/me peeks carefully into the folder, getting ready to dodge any flying shears or !!!!! being thrown in her direction...

Yes!!! Wendy, I *knew* that you would give us a Tank Ending for this story, and you certainly didn't disappoint. I think you pulled out all the stops on this one. Most evil indeed.
Anyway, I knew there would be a TE somewhere,
LOL! It’s interesting that you should say that, Kathy and Anna. I had absolutely no intention whatsoever of writing a TE for this story. But then I had Sas and Tank and Kaethel and Pelican all speculating delightedly on what could happen should Lex actually pull that trigger and Superman fail to save Lois, and I decided that I just couldn’t disappoint such loyal readers. wink So... this had to be written.

And it seems that it was appreciated:
I love it, Wendy! Thank you for writing this.
Seriously, that was a Tank Ending is the evillest sense of the term, Wendy! Everything was perfectly set up, and you even managed to include some hilarious lines in this dramatic section: there was Lois's thoughts about her carpet and Lex's disgust at the police car he would be driven in.
[snip]
Pure evil! Worse than evil! There has to be a stronger word than "evil", and it fits!
Thanks, Saskia and Kaethel! laugh I’m glad that you liked it.

Wow...nothing's like being one of the people who inspires a writer to ruin any person's good mood with a Tank-ending!

Anyway, thank you. I'm honoured
Pel, you are most welcome! After all the wonderful feedback you’ve been giving me, both here and in private email, it’s the least I can do. I’m glad you liked it!

Clearly the most evil part of this was robbing Kae, and the others of their chance to step into Lois' place with Clark. Now that's a true Tank ending.
ROFLMAO Tank! goofy

And it is interesting to see how many people were cheering at the TE... until you got to the ‘Clark dead’ stage. wink So you don’t like it quite so evil, do you? <g>

Oh, and Tank, just for you:

Insert somewhere in the scene where Lex is gloating over Lois’s dead body:

And that hair of hers. That silly cut - neither long nor short, it failed to reveal the woman’s doubtless shapely neck, but at the same time it wasn’t long enough to ripple and sway over her shoulders as she moved. It offended him.

He turned abruptly, marching into the kitchen. On the counter there was a block with several carving-knives in it. Seizing one, he returned to the corpse on the floor. He held one large hank of hair up and slashed at it with the knife, letting the ragged locks of hair fall to the floor.

He repeated the slashing of the Lane locks until the carpet around her body was littered with dark brown hair, some of it sticky with blood. Once Lane’s head resembled a sick-looking porcupine, Luthor was satisfied.

“They say a woman’s hair is her crowning glory,” he murmured, a smile twitching around his lips. “Crown that, Ms Lane!”
That do you?

Thanks for not lynching me, all of you!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*