I can't remember if I wrote something in that earlier thread, but I'm too lazy to check. wink

Mine's easy. RL is my initials. I originally started on these boards as "me", a very simple name that's completely ambiguous. I noticed people used RL a lot to refer to real life, so after a few weeks I changed it for grins, and it's become somewhat of a running joke with people blaming me for everything. wink It stuck, but it took me forever to get people to stop referring to me by my real name for obvious reasons. I think it's still somewhere on Annesplace under Reader's Choice.

On IRC, I started out using RL, but some guy in Norway seemed to be on IRC 24 hours a day, stealing that nick. So Missy Gallant suggested an alternative, R-El. So here I am on chat as R of the House of El. Kal is a distant cousin. wink Of course, some people keep thinking that I'm Elena because she goes by El.

On other places on the Internet, I usually go by Pleiades. It doesn't actually refer to the constellation but my old college days when I played a role playing game by the name of I.C.E (Iron Crown Enterprises), aka Rolemaster, a game in the same genre as Dungeons and Dragons but infinitely superior. My favorite character was a thief halfling (naturally) named Pleiades, whose claim to fame was that he was an excellent chef. I had a great time playing up that character, spending much of my time looking for cooking ingredients or trying strange recipes, sometimes to the detriment of whatever quest we were on at the time.

Boy, at this rate, I'll never get my Pulitzer back. laugh

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin