Great post, Lauren. I didn't know about the different formats on the Archive. There's been a poll for a long time on the Archive asking if people want stories in HTML. Maybe there's an indication there of interest.
Authors who happen to be reading this, would you object? And how about story formats: Would you mind if your story were turned into HTML, PDF, OpenOffice and epub?
I have no objection to my stories, few that they be currently, being posted in other formats. I suspect that if someone from this board posted them elsewhere, I would have no objection either.
But I went to FilenameZ like you suggested and saw it in PDF. I'm in hog heaven now. PDF goes directly to my reader and works perfectly, so I'm happy with that. PDF has the advantage that no receiver of the file can make changes to it. Though why someone would want to change the stories, I have no idea. We get a lot of secure mail (travel reservations) in PDF.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years, Lauren. And all this from an English major! I'm impressed.
much regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis