Annie and I are the same age, so I had the same kind of experience with computers and MS word in high school and apple computers in junior high school. I have ALWAYS been taught to use two spaces after the period. Even in college. I have actually never used a typewriter in my life, but I have always been taught to use two spaces after the period. Actually, especially from my Matlab programming experience. I think the more spaces I have, the better it looks. So that has carried over into my writing, too. I like the spaces.

The first thing I do when I GE a story is find and replace all double spacings after periods with one space.
I know you've GE'd two of my stories, and I really hope you didn't do this to my stories. I have always used and will always use two spaces after the period. This is a change that I would have really appreciated being asked about, because I would not have approved that change.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve