Originally posted by John Lambert:
My comment about the ultrasound was wondering if they did them that early back in 1994. I know my Mom often comments on how foreign it is to her for people to know if their child will be a boy or a girl, but she had her last child in 1990.
According to my not-really-thorough research online, it sounds like they did. Let's just say, I won't being going through the details of how they do them. Plus, last time I checked, my story is set in a fictional universe. While I try to ground my stories (usually) in reality, this is a place where a man flies, so anything is possible.

My last child was born in 2009 and it's still a foreign concept to me why anyone would want to know beforehand. (I didn't with either of my children. When people would ask me :rolleyes: "boy or a girl?", I would say "Yes" or "I hope.") It's the greatest surprise a parent can get and the outcome really shouldn't matter, so why learn beforehand? It's like opening your birthday gift six months early. Where's the fun in that? Infants aren't born with the ability to see colors anyway, so what does it matter if their onesies are pink or blue? They don't care. My kids both mostly wore yellow, green, red, and blue clothes for their first 6 months and they aren't screwed up. (Although, *I* never bought pink clothes for my infant daughter, everyone else did. It's still her favorite color 9 years later. wallbash )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.