John: You spoil me. Thanks for stopping by and FDKing. laugh
Lois is doing what she does best, moving things forward.
She's doing her best.

The antithesis of her current boyfriend.
Lex? peep

He probably has not spoken to a woman as beautiful as Lois before.
Poor Mitch. What a sheltered life he's led.

Clark:Obviously, he has never spoken to Lois before, and no one else on earth is as beautiful as her.
/cough/ Biased /cough/

No but evidently he does hire idiots if the guy falls for that trap.
LEX: Did he fall? No! See, I don't always hire idiots. /holds up pistol and fires at current line of cheap thugs/ Try to save a dime, here and there.

From where Clark got her birthday present.
That's the one!

She has a month-and-a-half to conclude the investigation. I hope she does it faster, but I have doubts.
Nope, she has roughly 6 weeks before all her freedom is taken away from her and her already limited communication disappears completely.
LOIS: I hope this investigation is tied up before then!

The real smart would also realize she is calling Luthor both because Ladderman wasn't.
She means that within her career she's met up with unsavory types, she wasn't referring to any one person.
LOIS: Or two, if you include Nigel St. John.

And now he has fully admitted who he works for without Lois having actually named anyone.
LOIS: I *do* know how to make sources talk. They don't give out Kerth awards to just anyone, you know.

There is a reason why Phil gets described as awkward. His questions come off wrong.
He's just trying to figure out how close of a relationship Cat and Clark had.

/sad/ that he uses the past tense with Lois.
He doesn't know any better.

On reading this again I realized that Cat did not say or even imply there was not really a breakup.
Specifically, no.

/sooooo frustrated/ this is the worst thing Cat could have possibly said.
CAT: What? You want me to lie?

Cat could not possibly be making things worse.
CAT: I'm doing my best.

She didn't say never, just not today.
CLARK: So, today?
LOIS: No.
CLARK: How about now?
LOIS: :rolleyes: He'll never learn, will he? It's not about the question, it's about the attitude surrounding the question, and the timing of the question.

But saving Clark is Lois's main goal. Without the Kryptonite issue, she might well have given up. More clearly without the Kryptonite issues she would have brought Clark in much sooner.
In some ways, yes. But Cat knows Lois sees Lex as a huge story which once she got her teeth into she won't let go of until she's done.

Now the trick is getting Clark to really believe this.
CAT: Look into my eyes, deep into my eyes. /dangles a locket on a string between them/ You're getting sleepy very sleepy...
CLARK: [Linked Image]
CAT: Ooops. Too sleepy.

So why was Cat engaged before?
Because she was young and naive. She didn't marry him, did she?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.