Batman was no Superman.
smile1 She knows what is up.

Nah. At this point in her life, she would prefer a real date with a Kansan farmboy wannabee than another billionaire.
dance she prefers Clark.

and, therefore, not having a single solitary secret since returning to Gotham City from his well-publicized disappearance into the Himalayas.
Oh the irony.

With her luck, he’d probably end up having a love child, or three, who he wasn’t publicly acknowledging.
Like Luthor and his 3 unacknowledged love children?

Lois purchased a New York Times and a Daily Planet, and continued on to her apartment.
I'm surprised she doesn't just have the DP delivered, that would be cheaper.

She still loved him. She had told him that.
Not in a way that he understood.

Geez, did she need to hang a poster in her window with a picture of an octopus and the words ‘I love you’ in big letters?
Yes.

She scoffed. Boy, wouldn’t that get her in trouble in Lex?
I think that should be "in trouble with Lex".

Lois winced. Why did he always blame himself if someone else harmed her?
He feels responsible for letting his Lois die.

She knew Clark loved her, but why must that love always manifest itself as paranoia about her safety?
One Lois dying on his watch was one too many. Although his going out of town at this point shows a trust in Lois not dying.

Sure, she wasn’t invulnerable like he was, but sometimes he acted as if any little thing could kill her.
Little things can kill her. Like bullets. And poison.

She had discounted the whole thing as jealousy for Luthor, but had it stemmed partially from not being there to save her from Trevino?
More jealousy of the jaguar, fearing her soul mate lived in this world.

She had insisted that Clark walk her home, hoping she could get inside his head and reassure him that it was him not anyone else that she wanted.
Wouldn't that work better getting inside some other part of his body. dance she knows Clark will be ok.

Clark, the lunkhead, had had the audacity to choose that moment to ask about her father.
In this case he was not being a clueless lunkhead, he was deliberately sabotaging his relationship.

She could see now that he had been pushing her away for some reason.
Being too good hearted to seek what he really wants.

Had he already been worried about that problem he alluded to while they stayed at the Lexor?
Nope, he would not learn of the curse for another month and a half.

Not that there was really a problem; it was all up in his head.
See, I said Lois's pregnancy test came back positive.

She knew that Clark loved her. The kiss he had given her a few minutes later, under the mistletoe she had strung up by the window for Superman, had proven it.
It worked, she got a kiss from the guy she wanted a kiss from.

Lois had realized later on that had been the night when she discovered how very much in love with Clark she was.
Not when she realized that he had been shot by Trask?

One word, one look, one gesture, one… something and she would have been his, not that she even needed the “one” thing after that kiss.
Just one Clark not running fast was all she needed.

Lois often wondered what would have happened if he had stayed.
She would have a shiny ring on her finger by now. Maybe not two bands, but a shiny ring for sure.

He could have scooped her into his arms and taken her anywhere, and never heard a word of protest from her lips.
Why do I think she would have protested if he started to fly at that point, even if it was to Tahiti.

That thought was the seed from which most of her late night fantasies grew.
She really will get to go to Tahiti.

John Pack Lambert