Kismatt: Thanks for tuning in for the midnight showing. smile1
Darn it, I was going to bed! And then I saw...
Where we left off in Part 145 of As the Cape Flaps…
and I knew I had to stay up and read it...
dance Sometimes, I wonder if I'm being too subtle with it.

mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for reading despite the frustration my characters bring. laugh
That's what she meant by "Stop It!" ? Gah! She's so dense! How is he supposed to know that's what she means? I realize that she's trying to leave a note that won't convey anything to a third party if it's intercepted, but not conveying anything to the second party does her no good in the first place. I'm thoroughly frustrated with Lois and have been for a while. I'm really not sure what Clark sees in her at this point.
Perhaps she had explained herself more fully with that note she had left him when he was in Brazil. [Linked Image] You know, that note tucked inside the newspapers that Jimmy took with him, so people wouldn't know that Clark wasn't home.

Clark still remembers the good times. Her current behavior is confounding him. Plus, he's a glutton for punishment.

She could have said, "Stop Moping," or something to that effect without giving anything away.
Yes, she could have, but where's the fun in actually having them communicate?

I'm wondering whether Rat is opening the messages or it's someone else. I hope it's just Rat, but I expect that we won't find out for some time, if ever.
Being that Lois hands the notes unopened to Rat to deliver and Rat slides them under Clark's door, it would have to be a very sneaking person to open the door just to read a note, and then leave again, leaving the note, wouldn't it?

What's she really expecting out of their relationship, anyway? There's a big difference between "I don't want to get married yet" and "I don't want to say yes because I hate the way you asked me" and "I never want to get married". She needs to convey which it is to Clark. (Of course, this would require actual communication...)
She didn't say 'she *never* wanted to get married'. There was a time in my life when I thought I'd never get married because of how my mother taught me to view marriage, and then I met and fell in love with my husband of 18 years and that all changed. Clark has made her loosen her previous career-orientated life plan (made firm after Claude used her), but it's hard for her to give up those beliefs so quickly.

This is why Ellen's character always confused me. Half the time she's a man-bashing, marriage-bashing, 'stand on your own two feet without a man' woman (I recognized very well in the mother that raised me), and the other half of the time she's planning this huge wedding for Lois and Clark. It was as if she had split personalities.

Once again, words don't mean much if your actions don't back them up.
Yes, but that's part of the undercover package. Acting one way, while actually meaning another.

Geez, did she need to hang a poster in her window with a picture of an octopus and the words ‘I love you’ in big letters?
Might help.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

I like how Lois convinced her tail not to try to tail her the entire time she was out. I wonder what Lex will think of her giving her tail her itinerary.
Hmmmm. Is the private eye all that forthcoming to his employer?

Thanks for your thoughts. I promise that your concerns will be addressed in the future. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.