Originally posted by LMA:
Great story! And I didn't catch on that it would be the Sewage Reclamation facility till the end either...great way to end it--definitely had me party
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad the ending was a surprise to you, and I'm glad you had fun reading the story.

It was probably--no, make that obviously-- pretty rude of Lois to address Lana's invite to the sewage facility--and to do it behind Clark's back isn't great either--but...I was still happy she did so smile . You don't just invite yourself to someone's wedding (especially your ex's)--and she would have known that Clark was too polite to say 'no'.
You pretty much summed up my own thoughts on the matter here. Neither Lois nor Lana was in the right. Lois shouldn't have sent out a fake invitation, but Lana shouldn't have invited herself to Clark's wedding, either.

Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I don't see this situation as the same as what Clark did to Lois. Here Lois is being downright mean and nasty in sending Lana an invitation to an event she was expecting to be welcome to attend. Clark sent Lois deliberately bad information, but she should have thought twice before acting on it. I don't think Clark is innocent by any means, but I see these as two completely different levels of vindictiveness.
I don't believe the situations are identical, but I believe that Lois would be unlikely to see the difference. I think if Clark were to tell her she'd done something wrong, she'd likely immediately respond by reminding him of the fact that he once did the same thing to her.

We don't have much info on cannon-Clark's relationship with Lana. Most L&C fans seem to paint Lana as a witch based on alt-Lana, but I've read enough comics with Lana in them where she's still Clark's friend, or they managed to reestablish their friendship a few years after the breakup, so I don't see her as necessarily a villain. If Lana is as awful as she's painted to be, then Clark should not have invited her. I'm not sure why he would have even been in contact with her. If he and Lana managed to still be friends and kept in contact enough for him to invite her voluntarily, then Lois should have been gracious enough to accept that and let her come.
You raise a few interesting points here. I don't think how Lana's been portrayed in the comics necessarily needs to be taken into consideration when writing fanfic since what was on the show didn't always line up with the comics. What I think is more important is portraying her in a way that fits into how the show portrayed her. Like you said, the show never gave us too much information to go on about Lana's personality, and I think that that is what makes it easy for fanfic writers to do as they please with her character. Personally, I don't see a problem with a writer either choosing to portray her as 'a witch' or as a good friend so long as it is done well.

I can enjoy this short on a purely comedic level, but it raises so many questions and really makes Lois look like a beast. I'd like to see a story that sets up some situation where Lois sending Lana to the sewage reclamation facility is actually an acceptable response. Maybe Lana was stalking them or something? Or maybe Lana wasn't invited, but they were afraid that she'd crash the party rather spectacularly, so they made sure the wrong info was leaked to her?
I'm glad you could enjoy the story on a purely comedic level. That was certainly my intent when writing it, so I feel as if I've accomplished my goal so long as most people found it to be funny.

I will admit that Lois was mean in this story, but I will also say that I think describing her as a beast might be going a little too far. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, but from my perspective, I saw both Lois and Lana as being in the wrong. Maybe it was Lois who was more wrong or maybe Lana was more wrong. That's debatable. However, based on the quotes Virginia provided, I do believe that Lana invited herself where she wasn't wanted, so I don't see her as too much of a victim.

Anyways, I do want to thank you for the feedback. It was very much appreciated.

As for the discussion as to whether or not it is OK to invite an ex to a wedding, I agree with those who said that it depends on the situation. As long as all parties involved are fine with it, I see nothing wrong with it.