Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
We don't have much info on cannon-Clark's relationship with Lana. Most L&C fans seem to paint Lana as a witch based on alt-Lana, but I've read enough comics with Lana in them where she's still Clark's friend, or they managed to reestablish their friendship a few years after the breakup, so I don't see her as necessarily a villain. If Lana is as awful as she's painted to be, then Clark should not have invited her. I'm not sure why he would have even been in contact with her. If he and Lana managed to still be friends and kept in contact enough for him to invite her voluntarily, then Lois should have been gracious enough to accept that and let her come.
From Tempus Anyone? (very beginning scene), canon Clark describes Lana as the following:

CLARK: Funny you should mention that. I ran into an old friend last night.
So, it sounds like he just 'bumped' into her, not that they've been close friends or in contact.

The rest of the conversation about Lana, goes as follows:
LOIS: So happy she'd like to come to the wedding.

CLARK: How'd you know?

LOIS: And how'd she take it?

CLARK: Take what?

LOIS: When you said, no.

CLARK: Ummm. Hm.

LOIS: Clark.

CLARK: Well, you have to know Lana...

LOIS: No, no, I don't, interestingly enough.

CLARK: She's kind of... insistent; just steamrolls through things, so it's not like I actually said she could come, she just sort of... said... she could... come.

LOIS: Let me get this straight. You're Superman. And your high school girlfriend can push you around.
So, technically, Lana invited herself; Clark didn't invite her. In her defense, super-wimpo there didn't say "no" either.

I don't think LnC's Lana fits the nice Lana stereotype from the comics or Superman: The Movie (III specifically) films.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.