Originally posted by Framework4:
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.: I can see this leading into the first fight of the marriage.
Should have been a premarriage fight err, discussion. Who invites ex-s to the wedding?
Aside from cases where they were not really ex-s, such as the guy whose date fell for his roommate and the like.
This story tells us very little about this Lana's relationship with Clark. We have no idea, based upon this story, what the Lana of this universe is like, or whether she was as pushy as alt-Lana or, presumably, canon-Lana. We don't know whether she invited herself (as did canon-Lana) or whether Clark invited her.

I agree that the conversation regarding who should be invited should have taken place pre-wedding. But reading between the lines in the story, the two had agreed to invite her. Although Lois did not wish to do so, she had apparently conceded the invitation. She either should have "had it out with Clark" before the wedding or else, having agreed to invite Lana, she should have sent an honest invitation. What she did was passive-aggressive and, frankly, is a horrible start to the marriage, IMHO.

That being said, I still found the story hysterical.

Joy,
Lynn