Originally posted by John Lambert:
I blame that on wanting to explain it to the audience. I prefer to think that Clark followed Lois's work before he met her, and decided to work at the "Daily Planet" so he could work with the great Lois Lane. Only realizing he was also in love with her when he met her.
Or maybe Clark was just playing dumb so that Lois wouldn't know how thorough a reading he had done of her stories.

Even in "Double Jeopardy" where Clark was just involved in exposing that the President and the head of the secret service had been replaced by clone, it still takes Clark 12 hours to even consider that Lois might be a clone. Earlier he checks to see if she is a double. So he has obviously been convinced she is not acting at all herself, and even that takes too long. The fact he does not jump out of bed immediately and says "now who are you, and what have you done with Lois" is surprising. He still might have been able to save her quickly if he had realized then. [very upset with writers]
That was just Clark's self-doubts coming in to play.

So Jack and Denny's parents died because they ran afoul of the boss?
Actually, their mom is still alive, but couldn't afford to raise them.... oh, wait, that was that Smart Kid girl. Um... Do we ever learn what happened to Jack and Denny's folks? Maybe they went missing while working on a huge architectural construction of LexCorp, so J&D were forced to fend for themselves?

Even if you had a heroine in Mexico who is Maria the Strong, and her real name is Maria Lopez, and this is set in 1850 when possibly close to 50% of females in Mexico were named Maria, I still think it would be a weak disguise.
CLARK: Yeah! He should just wear glasses.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Good point, I had forgotten about that at some level. Although since she was not actually really about to die, I don't know if it counts. Now if he had saved her by whisking her to his place where he could help her calm down away from the location of the trauma, he would have also rescued her from having to spend time with Lex.
CLARK: /jotting notes/ this is some good stuff. I'll have to remember that for next time.

LNN: Lois Lane abducted by Superman!

Also, if he had told her his secret then, he would have saved her from having to pretend ignorance now.
LOIS: wallbash / [Linked Image] / Lex Luthor!

The idea was that this was a long scope strange dream. It included parts of his former, largely repressed life from multiple episodes. Specifically he was remembering both GGGoH and PML, and the rescue he is remembering is when Superman saves him from being killed by the car after April rejects him. At least I think that is what I was going for her.
Yep, that's convoluted all right. I totally missed it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.