Maybe Robin was a more common name back then. But if I remember it correctly (from the Kevin Costner film) everyone thought Robin of Locksley was still at the Crusades.
Even if you had a heroine in Mexico who is Maria the Strong, and her real name is Maria Lopez, and this is set in 1850 when possibly close to 50% of females in Mexico were named Maria, I still think it would be a weak disguise.

SM: I saved her from that Octopus dream.
Good point, I had forgotten about that at some level. Although since she was not actually really about to die, I don't know if it counts. Now if he had saved her by whisking her to his place where he could help her calm down away from the location of the trauma, he would have also rescued her from having to spend time with Lex.

Also, if he had told her his secret then, he would have saved her from having to pretend ignorance now.

John said:Jimmy:He did rescue me, or was that in some strange dream I had, where there was a lady sherriff in Smallville.
Virginia said:I don't think SM visited Smallville in GGGoH.
The idea was that this was a long scope strange dream. It included parts of his former, largely repressed life from multiple episodes. Specifically he was remembering both GGGoH and PML, and the rescue he is remembering is when Superman saves him from being killed by the car after April rejects him. At least I think that is what I was going for her.

LOIS: Except when he did, you mean.
LEX: That was an accident!
LOIS: Kidnapping Clark and leaving him to drown in Hobs Bay was an accident?
LEX: How did that hurt you?
LOIS: I stand corrected, Clark. Lex is the lunkhead.
Clark: dance I am not the lunkhead any more.

John Pack Lambert