Steady as she goes.
[Linked Image]
“Who’s Kyle Griffin?” Clark asked,
Lois’s first husband.

He didn’t know if it was out of habit, because she wanted to, or just to confuse the terrorists into believing they were still handcuffed together.
LOIS: I’ll let Clark think it’s the first and the terrorists that it’s the last. [Linked Image]

Frankly, he didn’t care what the reason was, he was happy to have her there.
/Lois wiggles/
Clark was suddenly very happy to have her there.

“Well, I still don’t like it,” Luthor murmured under his breath.
It’s just a little bump-and-grind between secret lovers.
LEX: [Linked Image]

Clark moved his hand, which was closest to Luthor, and rested it on Lois’s lap, knowing it was in full view of the billionaire, and earned himself a glare for his efforts.
Awww, Clark’s returning Lois’s favor.

Clark would press any little button he liked to annoy Luthor.
LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

he’d take the victory
Shouldn’t that be ‘any’?

“Terrific,” Clark grumbled. Another psycho from whom Lois needed protection.
He only figures out that it’s a lifetime assignment? He might just as well marry her for good.
LOIS: Or bad. I’ll won’t marry him unless he promises to stay for the bad, too.

Who knew keeping Lois safe would be a full time job?
laugh

Better to keep her safe than deal with the consequences of the alternative.
Well, at least if she was safely in the ground, he wouldn’t have to worry about her sneaking out at night.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

“We need to make sure the power doesn’t go off, then,” Clark said. “We don’t know what will tip Fuentes into detonating his bomb.”
He could detonate the bomb inside the conference room and then use his glow-in-the-dark hostages to get some emergency lighting.

Lois patted his face. “That’s okay. Everyone knows that I’m the brains of our partnership, and you’re just the brawn,” she teased.
But she likes his brawn. Just like prawn.

For Luthor not to hear about the Planet’s undercover sting operation on Carpenter and the Met Star seemed implausible.
Well, since he’s neither sharing Perry nor Clark’s bed, how could he have known?
[Linked Image]
Right, Lois was in on it, too. Maybe she’s not into pillow talk?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Did Luthor like Lois enough to have him killed?
LEX: Well, I actually have to like a person to *not* have them killed, so…

Had Luthor made the watch for Lois, as he had with the LoLex watch?
DingDingDing!

Just throw money at a problem and see if it went away?
If you throw 100 mil in gold coins at a terrorist, he will not bother you any longer. All you have to do, is throw them all at once.

If he gave Fuentes and Remy his guarantee not to turn them over to the MPD, they may be desperate enough to agree to it, no matter how scared of him they are,” Lois countered.
Some time later on a remote hill top.
SUPERMAN: So, which of the two of you shot Lex Luthor.
/Remy points at Fuentes/
SUPERMAN: /starts shaking his hand/ Thank you! I have wanted to do that for so long. Next time, please aim at an artery, though, okay?

“I’ve decided that ‘thinking’ isn’t your strong suit, Fuentes. I say, let’s ask the brains in the next room what they can come up with to save their lives,”
Ooooh! Will it turn out that Jimmy’s the true mastermind, which will then lead to Jimbo getting his job?
LUCY: razz And I thought Jimbo was the one with the potential.

No. Would he live the rest of his days without torment and self-blame, if a stranger’s life ended instead of Lois’s, because Superman hadn’t done everything he could to save their life, even if it meant bending the laws he treasured so dearly?
Then again, Lex is not a stranger.

Lex Luthor? Well, maybe not him so much.
laugh and ‘maybe him not so much’ instead?

“See,” Lois said in her usual confident tone. “Isn’t it easier if you just realize that I’m always right, straight from the…?”
But where would then be the spark. And Lois feeling like a winner?

What? Her words startled Clark to his feet. “Lois, no!”
What’s he expected?
LOIS: He’s a tad stupid, isn’t he? But I still love him, no matter if his father and mother shared their mother and father.

“He didn’t stop this bullet in my shoulder,” Luthor grumbled.
Everyone needs a laugh from time to time?

I’ll shoot her.”
This is what’s commonly referred to as a ‘bad thing’™.

TBC

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.