-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Not if she is off galavanting with Luthor when it shows up.
LOIS: Nah. I'll only see him at night.

Had he told her Kansas State at one point?
It's been a while since I read the first 50 parts, but I do believe at one point he accidentally mentioned Kansas State, instead of MidWest, since alt-Clark actually *did* attend Kansas State.

At first I thought this meant it would not need to be up to Lex detecting level, but then I realized that this is only mentioned because Lex has already done his search.
Exactly. Lex already did a search.

Is this the first mention of Louie in this story?
I believe so.

Hmm, are we ever going to meet Jack?
We met Denny back at the Luthor House for Homeless Children and he mentioned that he had a brother named Jack.

Put if the document is gained under false presense, isn't he still technically an illegal alien?
LOIS: Still with the semantics there, John. But if the government accepts his credentials as real, doesn't it make them real?

It would be as if he’d been born here.
JOHN: I was going to claim he was born in Kansas, but then I remembered he wasn't.
Here as in Planet Earth, not Metropolis.

“…And, lastly, the Luthor Conservatory of Music has sent over your season tickets for this month’s opera. They are for this Saturday evening’s performance of ‘Madame Butterfly’,”
JOHN: That is sooner than I expected.
Actually Perry's birthday was March 17th, and the night at the opera date happens on March 26. I pushed back Secretary Wallace's trip to Metropolis a week or two, so the timing of the episodes got a little scrambled.

I so wish she would turn him down on this, although I guess I do not have hope for her doing so.
But what fun would FlyHard be without Lois?

What part of "I don't want your help" does Luthor not understand?
All of it.

sad that Lois will spend this weekend with Lex and not Clark.
Don't worry, she'll be punished. (see above acceptance of said date with Luthor. Isn't that punishment enough?)

LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLARK: I can see her point.

LOIS: Why am *I* being punished? He's the one who said "no"!

EW: Again, see above date with Luthor.

CLARK: Must you keep repeating that?!

Wait, does this mean he has killed off most of his children?
LEX: Um... <<slowly>> Nooooo. Why would you think that? I'm an upstanding citizen and patron of the arts. All around philanthropist. I don't go around killing women and innocent babes. <<aside to Nigel>> I think we've got a leak. Go plug it. Use the silencer.

Sick. However I think it should be "in a second woman".
Yes, he is. And the error has been fixed. Thank you. (I didn't want you to think that I had fixed Lex from being sick. He'll remain so.)

Somehow I do not feel any sympathy for Muldoon being trapped in Luthor's prison.
You need to think about her point of view. The world has ended and they need to repopulate the earth. The broodmare is a willing partner, not unwilling. Not necessarily smart, but I know that Lex doesn't care for that.

Lois:At least this time the Star did not scoop us, no thanks to Clark. grumble
Nor did the Star scoop the DP in canon, since Lois was there.

Why is she telling Luthor this? Does she want him to get mad and try another hit on Clark for abandoning her?
LEX: hyper Me, too.
EW: cool

sad that Cat did not see through Luthor's lies.
I'm sure Lex's face wasn't the only man Cat had slapped over the years.

Cat:I would have to actually want him to feel any rejection.
LEX: Of course you're feeling it, because I'm saying "no" to you.

CAT: Yea! party

Very intriguing development. He just has to hope that marrying that lady was not too out of the ordinary doe Chow, otherwise there might be an investigation into why revenge is still floating around.
It's also possible that the exotic dancer has enough to keep on spraying for awhile.

Maybe he will now realize he does not need to run off on Lois at highly important times.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Good one.

Now maybe he will stop being such a lunkhead and actually welcome her presence.
CLARK: What is John talking about? I've always welcomed Lois's presence.

But knowing it worked for Lois and Clark in the other dimension would have probably made him ignore any negative partner experiences.
That, too.

Lois:I would not have a job at the daily planet if I acted like Linda. Perry does not tolerate reporters who try to get jobs by using their body.
PERRY: [Linked Image]

LOIS: Of course, he did hire Cat.

CAT: Hey! I pull in the goods.

It wouldn’t do his undercover assignment any good if Clark were canned for dating the new boss’s girlfriend.
JOHN: But they could bring all sorts of inappropriate business structure charges against the Star.
Being that Clark is a new hire, I'm sure the reason for termination would be something else.

Become bait for a knock off attempt and get Carpernter sent to jail for attempted murder.
CARPENTER: Why won't that man die?!
LEX: Tell me about it.

Nah, Perry would have just had to come in disguise.
But then Clark would have to have somehow contacted Perry to let him know to come in disguise.

Of course it was out of jealousy of Linda. Not that Lois is really afraid that Linda has any chance moving in on Clark. If she was afraid of that, she would probably tell Clark what she is really doing with Luthor.
Umm.... Actually, the coffee in the face was for not telling her that he was going undercover at the Star.

I am surprised Lois pulled that off knowing that Clark has not really abandoned ship. She is doing good at covering his work though. No one would suspect that he is a plant.

Perry:I don't know, she is almost doing too good.
LOIS: And everyone was upset because I didn't do that drama seminar with Linda that one summer.

He alerted security and told them that while lying in front of the closet door he heard the cocking of guns and someone trying to enter the room.
JOHN: This Clark is so much less wrong than canon Clark, actually explaining how he knows things.
Experience. Anyway, canon Clark's explanation always bothered me.

Perry:Lois, we want our stories syndicated across the country, not the Chicago Tribune and the LA Times running articles on the antics of our reporters.
LOIS: But, *Per* rey! I was covering for Clark.

PERRY: :rolleyes:

sad I was so hoping Lois would show up. She could have told Perry not to tell that she knew, and gone through the whole looking for Linda act.
I didn't want to stretch out this scene too long.

See, I knew that was a really stupid plan on the part of Clark.
CLARK: [Linked Image]
TEMPUS: Plan? There was a plan?

Separate stories is one thing, faking a defection without telling your partner is totally different.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois:But when you defected without warning me, you showed you wanted to do this story on your own Chuck. So fine, I will let you do it on your own. You don't want my advice and help, I won't bother you with it.
Yes, that was Lois's punishment. Plus, she's been working on a few angles herself.

Didn't he tell Lana what he was up to, or did he mainly try to keep her in the dark?
I'm going to go with "dark", especially since she didn't want him helping out.

Lois:Well, Linda, Clark is not the type of man who is interested in you.
LINDA: Strange, you said the same thing about Superman.

LOIS: Did I?

Linda:But he told me I was special to him. sad
Exactly. I'm guessing that this is Linda being sad for Linda, not John being sad for Linda, right?

I see why Clark does not find Linda's claims of not being attracted to Carpenter convincing.
LOIS: See? Told you!

dance he still recognizes who his real partner is. sad that you cut us off just before Lois and Clark talk. Couldn't you have done less scenes with Lex?
LEX: Phis-shaw. Doesn't John know who the true hero of this story is?

CLARK: Me?

LEX: If you must ask...

LOIS: It's me!

CAT: Hello? Me!

Lois:Doesn't Clark know how to keep anything safe from prying eyes?
CLARK: eek What do you mean she's been going through my drawers?

CAT: <<whispering>> Not *those* drawers, handsome.

CLARK: <<gulp>> okay, then.

Sloppy of Lex to use the same watch.
LEX: None of these women have ties to me. Anyway, how was I to know when I gave them the watches that they'd all end up dead?

Even if they could trace it back to Luthor, it would prove little. It is not a crime to give people watches.
LEX: See!

So why not give Lois a Gucci too? Why give her the LoLEx instead?
Because Lois is extra special.

Intriguing that Luthor left it there.
Wasn't forefront of his mind. Plus, didn't personally handle the nitty gitty details.

Why would she talk when Luthor has his agents all over the place?
Maybe she won't.

Now we have more time to ruminate on the suspense of Clark being on the verge of calling Lois. Will she go with his plan? I hope so, The Lois/Linda snipping at each other scenes are so fun. On the other hand, since the next section is being billed as part of the Flyhard arc, I suspect that we won't see too much of Linda and Lois being rude to each other.
Er... um.... blush

I don't see Clark taking kindly to Lois going to the Opera with Luthor. [Frown] that she keeps going palces with Luthor.
Well, it's good that Clark isn't a jealous fellow then, huh?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.