“I know that you and Martha aren’t his real parents, but cousins of some sort.
I guess it makes sense that Lois does not want to tell Martha and Jonathan she knows before she tells Clark. Also, this it is probably best not to mention CK=SM over a phone line.

Anyway, Clark lost his wallet with his driver’s license in it during his abduction and the lunkhead hasn’t gotten around to going to the DMV to get it replaced.
Jonathan:Probably because he was using the one from his old dimension. I mean, that is just the sort of lunkheaded thing I expected he would do.

Over the weekend, I was arrested by mistake,
Detective Reed:No, we very much meant to arrest you Lois. We did not make a mistake.

and he couldn’t bail me out of jail because he didn’t have proper identification.
I thought it was only he could not see her because he lacked identification. I thought the bail delay had to do with court scheduling, not with any failures on Clark's part.

He seemed a bit evasive when I asked him about it the other day, and I was wondering if it had to do with the fact that he didn’t have a copy of his birth certificate to prove his identity.
Lois:Or maybe he didn't want to be exposed as an undocumented immigrant from Italy, overstaying his tourist visa by years.

I figure since his apartment was robbed just days before the Nightfall eclipse, any other identification he might have, such as his birth certificate and his passport, might be missing or were destroyed,” Lois rambled on.
Lois:Wait, Superman goes to all sorts of places without a passport. Maybe I should point out to him that he breaks the law then, so why is it such a big deal to drive without a license, if he crosses international borders without reporting to the approapriate authorities?

“And then with someone stealing the contents of his safety deposit box the night before Superman’s mission to Nightfall Major, any copies of those papers he might have kept there were also be gone,”
Lois:Not that I really think he ever had a birth certificate, but Jonathan does not need to know that.

she said, hoping something she was saying would encourage Jonathan to send the birth certificate of his dead son to Clark.
I guess there is always hope.

She knew it was a lot to ask of the Kents,
Well, they already offered it to Clark, and sending a document is not that hard.

but Clark couldn’t go on without a past for very much longer
But I thought Lois was not planning on getting arrested again. On the other hand, I think Clark really does need a past. I am surprised he did not work harder to develop one to start with.

and her window of opportunity was closing fast.
Is Laderman going to forget about his debts that quickly?

“I’m afraid that he’s embarrassed and feeling a bit like a non-entity, because he doesn’t have a way to prove his identity.
Jonathan:Or are you just sad that you missed his presence for a whole evening?

He’s a bit angry with me over some misunderstanding at the moment,
Jonathan:Well, when you chose to go out with a billionaire who gives you expensive gifts, like watches, over him, evidently because you value things more than people and relationships, I don't blame him for being miffed.

I’d go straight to the horse’s mouth, so to speak.” Lois opened her eyes wide. How could've she just said that? “Not that you resemble a horse in the least…”
Lois, no one thought that at all until you denied it.

“I do care about him. I really do. Clark’s my best friend, partner, and all.
Clark:Then why don't you ever tell me what you are doing?

Sometimes I feel like I need to take care of him; coming from the country and all, he tends to forget that people in the city aren’t as polite and trusting as he is.
hyper Lois wants a future with Clark.

Lois:Why did you ever doubt that?

John Pack Lambert