She knew it was probably an irrational fear of it being bugged, but maybe S.T.A.R. Labs missed something when they found the tracer.
JOHN: Plus, the less Luthor knows about where she goes the better.
Well, the less Luthor knows where she is the more specious he'll become on why Lois keeps taking off her watch.
Maybe the gold on the band bothers her wrist.

Do Jonathan and Martha still suspect Lois dumped Clark to pursue Superman?
No, Clark has corrected this misnomer.
So they now think she dumped Clark to pursue Luthor?

Clark:Why would I tell them when I even failed to tell Lois?

Lois:You did tell them you were Superman, and not me.

Clark:Actually, they figured it out on there own.

Lois: grumble what is with everyone figuring it out?

Clark:Well, it helps they found this dimension's version of me in the spaceship that landed back in 1966.

Lois: dizzy

Clark:I guess I should start at the beginning. In 1966 a Kal-el came here from Krypton, but was killed by an evil time traveler ...
It could happen like that... but you shouldn't hold your breath.
Sometime it seems their talking to each other keeps getting further away.

I guess it makes sense that Lois does not want to tell Martha and Jonathan she knows before she tells Clark. Also, this it is probably best not to mention CK=SM over a phone line.
She can't tell the Kents that she knows because they'll tell Clark, and yes, that's not a good conversation for a public pay phone.
Although she could tell them things so they know she knows, without saying things that make it so others would understand what she is saying if they are listening in.

I thought it was only he could not see her because he lacked identification. I thought the bail delay had to do with court scheduling, not with any failures on Clark's part.
You're correct, but Lois is telling the story *her* way, putting the best shine to her actions and Clark's motivations.
So she is making it look like Clark's failure to get a driver's license has caused more problems than it really has, with the hope this will make them more likely to help her get him a new one.

Lois:Wait, Superman goes to all sorts of places without a passport. Maybe I should point out to him that he breaks the law then, so why is it such a big deal to drive without a license, if he crosses international borders without reporting to the approapriate authorities?
2 Tempus Irony Points for figuring that out. clap
He breaks more rules and regulations than almost anyone else.

Well, they already offered it to Clark, and sending a document is not that hard.
Lois also knows that they offered it to Clark, and want to help him with his identity on Earth, which is why she went directly to them and bypassed Clark.
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

“I do care about him. I really do. Clark’s my best friend, partner, and all.
Clark:Then why don't you ever tell me what you are doing?
LOIS: Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle 'black'.
She has a point. I really wish these two would talk more.

I just hope the fact that the birth of Clark Kent was never officially recorded does not disrupt Lois's plan.
It amazing how many people wouldn't go back and check the paper files nowadays when they find a "copy" of the document in the computer database.
That is true. Also, I think if you presented what seemed a valid birth certificate to get a driver's license, people would not look to see if there was an official record.

John Pack Lambert