John: Thank you for your patience and awesome FDK. smile1

I guess I should have known we would not actually have the story arc end with the part. sad I was so hoping that we would be rid of Linda King by the end of this part.
Clearly, I'll have to go back and make the transition between plots more clear. I could have gone into a whole Linda/Lois diatribe but that isn't where I wanted the story to go. She was lucky to have been included in as many scenes as she got, because originally my outline has Lois questioning whether or not Clark is really SM because of his defection. Since this arc has been more fleshed out than my outline anticipated, Lois's doubts were already put to rest.

I did come up with another Linda subplot, but decided to save it and possibly flesh it out for stand alone story. Truthfully, I was just ready to move on to the next hill of my roller-coaster. clap

Detective Reed:No, we very much meant to arrest you Lois. We did not make a mistake.
LOIS: Semantics, Reed. I knew Eugene was innocent. You arrested me, because I could prove it and you didn't want to look like a fool.

I thought it was only he could not see her because he lacked identification. I thought the bail delay had to do with court scheduling, not with any failures on Clark's part.
You're correct, but Lois is telling the story *her* way, putting the best shine to her actions and Clark's motivations.

Lois:Or maybe he didn't want to be exposed as an undocumented immigrant from Italy, overstaying his tourist visa by years.
That too.

Lois:Wait, Superman goes to all sorts of places without a passport. Maybe I should point out to him that he breaks the law then, so why is it such a big deal to drive without a license, if he crosses international borders without reporting to the approapriate authorities?
2 Tempus Irony Points for figuring that out. clap

Well, they already offered it to Clark, and sending a document is not that hard.
Lois also knows that they offered it to Clark, and want to help him with his identity on Earth, which is why she went directly to them and bypassed Clark.

But I thought Lois was not planning on getting arrested again. On the other hand, I think Clark really does need a past. I am surprised he did not work harder to develop one to start with.
TEMPUS: Heroes *never* plan. They only act. (If you remember, Lois had similar difficulties in ML.)

“I do care about him. I really do. Clark’s my best friend, partner, and all.
Clark:Then why don't you ever tell me what you are doing?
LOIS: Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle 'black'.

Those deliverymen sometimes leave packages leaning against your door, even here in the city; can you believe it? I’d hate for it to be stolen at his apartment after all the times its been robbed.
JOHN: This is so reasonable, I accepted it as Lois's true motivation on my first read.
EW: <<licks finger and adds point to subtlety column.>> evil

I guess she is not totally sure she can intercept it before Clark sees it.
Perhaps.

Ahh, so that is why she thinks she has to act expeditiously on the getting Clark a new identity front.
[Linked Image]

I just hope the fact that the birth of Clark Kent was never officially recorded does not disrupt Lois's plan.
It amazing how many people wouldn't go back and check the paper files nowadays when they find a "copy" of the document in the computer database.

It is much easier to get forgiveness than permission, so Lois's method of doing this is probably wise.
LOIS: Of course, it's wise. It's my plan.

Lois wants a future with Clark.

Lois:Why did you ever doubt that?
CLARK: Gee, I can't imagine where John came up with a crazy notion like that? :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.