Lex took Lois’s elbow and guided her towards the gates of the Magic Club. Another magician jumped out in front of them, pulled a bunch of flowers out of thin air, and held them up to her, while he fell to bended knee.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if Jack Napier showed up and sprayed poison from his flower into Lex’s face?

Lois hated that the magician surprised her. It wasn’t that she didn’t like surprises. She was perfectly fine with them as long as she received advance notice they were coming.
Umm…
PERRY: Yes, I know. That’s why I have a copy editor standing by to clean up her usage of two (and more) syllable words. And boy, did she blow up when I got her a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary for her birthday two years ago.

At least, he didn’t try to touch the base of her back as Clark did. She wouldn’t allow that.
LEX: Great. That means she’d be fine if my hand walked lower on her hip.

“After you mentioned last night that you would be attending this event against your will, I thought I might come rescue you.”
Oooh! And yet, when she attends the bedding ceremony in Lex’s bedroom against her will, Lex will not come to the rescue. And if Superman does, he’ll take a dive off the balcony as soon as he is in range of the Kryptonite façade adornments.

“You just admitted to hating magic, and last night you said that Cat had forced her co-workers to each buy a set of tickets for her charity ball, ergo you’re here against your will.”
He’s a smart cookie.

Lois pursed her lips. He wasn’t going to let her win this argument, was he?
LEX: Where would the fun be in that? Women are much more sexually pleasing when they know they have been mastered.

“You went because Clark Kent asked you to go. He’s young, handsome in an athletic sort of way, and ambitious, and I believe you still harbor some feelings for him,” Lex went on.
Oh dear. Maybe Lois should do some thinking on the spot and spout some nonsense about the kidnapped kids and the magic boxes found on the lawn?

He gazed at her like an errant child. “Lois, I may not live down amongst the common folk, but I still see and feel as well as other men.
Hath not a billionaire eyes? Hath not a billionaire hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter and summer as a peon is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

It took all of her reserves not to outwardly bristle at him calling her young and lacking world experience.
LEX: But she is. And she’d be perfect if she knew more about the act of pleasing a man. *sigh* Will need to have Mrs. Cox teach her before the wedding night.

Why was he under the misguided belief that Clark had broken up with Lois because of Cat?
Oh dear. You’re having way too much fun with that, aren’t you?

It was quite surprising that Cat thought Arthur Chow wouldn’t hear of it.
Well, Arthur quite likely was unaware or he would not have run off with the stripper.

I’m afraid men’s desires aren’t so flighty, my dear. Once we have set our sights on a particular… goal, it’s difficult to dissuade us.”
That’s what they’ve made castration knives for.

Moreover, what exactly did that sexist pig mean about ‘men’s desires not being flighty’? Did he think all women were like Cat?
Oooh! Nice one! And to Lex, Lois proving to be a prime example of his theories, what with her resting on Superman’s…flower and Clark’s…flower and now vectoring in on Lex’s…flower.

We both know you would never have agreed to a date with what’s-his-name unless it was a cry for help.
No, that was to get back at her sister for ruining her favorite sweater.

I didn’t want you to think that I couldn’t get one.
Mitchell sick again?

“Lois, I’m hurt that you think I would ever reveal any of your confidences for personal gain,” Lex said, frowning slightly.
Indeed. Use them. Absolutely. But not reveal them.

“Or use anything you might say against you.”
Didn’t he just do that a few minutes ago?

Lois reached over and rested her hand on his knee in reassurance she did not feel.
LEX: wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.