-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
She really should have gone back to the Majic Club to make sure Clark was OK.
What if Lex had men watching her, which is how he knew so much about how she arrived at the Club by herself that evening?

Too slow and too painful to be worth the effort.
I doubt investigations are as quick as they showed on the show.

He just needs to accept that Lois is her own person, and will do what she wants no matter what he says.
Clark is always slow at realizing this.

Nah, she would have let him come as Superman, seeing as how she known The Secret.
LOIS: But it would have been fun to see him squirm and figure out a way to escape without telling me, once again.

Or brought Luthor.
On a story? No, I don't think so. That would be as smart as bringing Deter on a... That was just a whole awful plotline. Sorry. Send that man to Tahiti (or a deserted island) and leave him there.

They should have worked out the working on business story together beforehand.
That would have been a good idea.

See, even Clark knows Luthor is not a worthwhile source.
LOIS: Some sources take time to cultivate.

He might be right, even though she now believes him, she would just feel he was underestimating her resourcefulness.
Plus, Clark would need to open up fully to make her believe this information about Luthor (if she was clueless like canon Lois).

But he is only pretending to have broken up with Lois, he should not act like it is real.

Clark:But if Lois wants people to think we are not dating, the best way to achieve that is to make it look like we are dating others.

Reader:Oh, this is such a bad idea.
CLARK: Lois started it.

I am not sure jealousy will work in this setting. Lois is not doubting him.
Jealousy isn't a logical emotion.

Not if she is afrad of what Luthor will do to Clark.
[Linked Image]

Of course maybe that is because the goal was to break him away from Lois, and with it achieved there is no reason to try it again.
He's not saying that he should break up with her (for real), he's saying that it's time for them to come out of the closet as a couple, so she will no longer go out on dates with Luthor.

He does have a point there.
LOIS: True. Clark's side is much more comfy than Lex's.

Lois:The only thing that would make me question that the breakup is a ruse is you, Clark, acting like it is fully real.
CLARK: You started it.

I think you want some modifier beofre magician. My guess is the best would be "like that magician".
Thanks. Fixed.

And again alt-Clark (wrong Clark) shows he can do things more right than canon Clark did, not getting hypnotized an all.
That's because this Clark has been hypnotized before and knew it was possible. Canon Clark hadn't.

I love the ripping on Maskal.
Really? I do feel a bit guilty about that line, since Moskal seemed like a decent dad in canon.

Probably the result of remembering her dreams at a subliminal level.
She also came up with the door slamming incident (from Lucky Leon) without consciously dreaming it first. Sometimes, in times of stress, bizarre ideas from the past come to her.

I love that line.
blush Thanks.

I wish she had mentioned owls. She probably could have even doen it in a way that did not let on that she had known The Secret. Hmmm.

She should have cut in

"I heard owls on the way here". Then Clark would spend a big time worried about how livid she was that she had just elarned the Truth, and he could not tell her more because he had to go do the rescue.
He has been deprogrammed, so the owl reference might actually have worked.

Her being Lois or the assistant?
Lois.

It was not immediately obvious that he came back with Constance. With the speed Superman sometimes moved at first I thought he had taken her to the police and come back.
True, sorry, but I figured if he dropped Constance off at the police department, he would have to explain to them why to arrest her, which would take more time than super speed would allow.

I was so hoping they would fly together, and talk.
This isn't the time for that. This is the time for finding Chris Moskal.

I just wish there was a way to make him realize that this was really a message for Clark.
/Lois hold up green studded 2x4./

Then why don't you Clark?
Superman trusts Lois. Clark doesn't.

Dr. Novak lived. I always liked him. We have now had one person live who died in canon. So much for him being "wrong" Clark, he is helping the wrold be a better place.
I liked Dr. Novak too. ( dance Ben Vereen), so he lives.

But he knows what happened, why bother with the charade?
If she didn't know CK=SM, would she have called Clark and told him that the boys were now safe? I think so.

But if he had come as Clark, could he had even stopped Constance at all?
Good question. I bet he could have ducked away in the confusion and reappeared as Superman.

I knew he should not have said something that stupid.
CLARK: It wasn't my best, I admit.

Actions speak louder than words. The action of whom she leaves the "Magic of the Night" Ball with speaks very loud.
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: But are actions are a ruse, therefore, he *must* accept my words.

I am surprised she is not going with the "he is Clark" argument.
She fell for Clark separately than Superman, being that she hasn't really gotten to know him as one man yet. Also, she's speaking from the POV of Clark not knowing that she knows.

Well, her actions do not make sense. Jimbo's comment really did not help either.
LOIS: Jimbo's comment about how Lucy's *thought* I felt before I was shot by this man last summer? Please. Clark should know better.

Start acting in a trustworthy manner? Sneak into his apartment and show him that is where she really wants to be?
There's acting in a trustworthy manner.

That sounds like a good plan.
Thank you.

I was hoping she would talk to him now.
I have something for her to do first.

So is she going to talk to SM or CK tomorrow?
That's the new plan. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.