“I… I found out… Is everything all right, Lois? Nothing happened, did it?” Clark asked, clearly misinterpreting her expression as she saw panic show up in his.
Well at least he still cares about her.

“No, of course not, Clark. Lex just drove me home,”
She really should have gone back to the Majic Club to make sure Clark was OK.

Her investigation, her ‘in’ with Luthor, was going well. Not that she had actually learned anything as of yet, but it was a process, a slow and painful one, apparently.
Too slow and too painful to be worth the effort.

She didn’t want to intensify her relationship with Lex just to learn about the Kryptonite, but she was beginning to suspect that might be the only way to earn his trust.
Oh no, oh no, oh no.

Unfortunately, with his luck, he could picture Lois being thrilled at that development and figure that he had finally seen the light of her brilliance, whichever light that might be.
He just needs to accept that Lois is her own person, and will do what she wants no matter what he says.

If Clark had told her that it was a terrific idea to come down here and interrupt the ransom drop, instead of the truth, she probably would have dragged him along and Superman wouldn’t have been available for security.
Nah, she would have let him come as Superman, seeing as how she knowns The Secret.

As it was, she brought Jimmy along with her. At least, she hadn’t come alone.
Or brought Luthor.

She was acting most peculiarly. She said that she loved him, Clark him, but she still flirted with Superman,
Lois:Well they are the same, can I help feeling for both of them?

and then ditched Clark at the ‘Magic of the Night’ ball to accept a ride home with Luthor.
They should have worked out the working on business story together beforehand.

Why couldn’t Lois have told Luthor that she had just arrived at the ball and wasn’t ready to leave, yet?
frown grumble why does she do such stipid things?

Surely, it would do the rich jerk some good to be turned down every once and a while and learn that he couldn’t order everybody around.
Lois:Not when it would clue him into the fact that I am onto him.

True, Clark could see her not wanting to offend her source, but as far as Clark could tell, Luthor wasn’t supplying much in the way of information.
See, even Clark knowns Luthor is not a worthwhile source.

Since he didn’t have any actual proof that Luthor was the horrible criminal and murderer that he knew in his bones the billionaire to be, warning Lois about Luthor again would just cause another argument.
He might be right, even though she now believes him, she would just feel he was underestimating her resourcefulness.

Clark didn’t know why he told her that he had met someone at the ball and planned to ask her out.
He is jealous of Luthor getting to spend time with her.

Now, to make his statement lean closer to the ‘truth’ he would have to call the woman and make a date.
But he is only pretending to have broken up with Lois, he should not act like it is real.

Clark:But if Lois wants people to think we are not dating, the best way to achieve that is to make it look like we are dating others.

Reader:Oh, this is such a bad idea.

Perhaps that was what Lois needed, a good dose of jealousy. He was sick of all these games.
I am not sure jealousy will work in this setting. Lois is not doubting him.

Not because she preferred his company to Clark’s, but because she was afraid of what might happen if she didn’t do what Luthor told her to do or turned him down?
Clark is actually fairly close to the turth.

If Lois were truly afraid of Luthor, surely she would have said something to Clark or Superman about it. Wouldn’t she have?
Not if she is afrad of what Luthor will do to Clark.

He was beginning to suspect that his first misgivings on his ‘break up with Lois for her safety’ plan were right. Nobody had attempted anything on him since Superman took care of Nightfall Minor.
Of course maybe that is because the goal was to break him away from Lois, and with it achieved there is no reason to try it again.

He needed to tell Lois that he was ready for their relationship to come out of hiding.
I hope he does soon, although she might not agree to let it do so yet.

At least, she would be safer by his side, then going off alone with Luthor.
He does have a point there.

Together, he and Lois were stronger.
clap I love the ripping on Maskal.

Superman glanced towards Lois. “He wasn’t in the car. Only Nick was.”
clap I lvoe that line. I wish she had mentioned owls. She probably could have even doen it in a way that did not let on that she had known The Secret. Hmmm.

She should have cut in

"I heard owls on the way here". Then Clark would spend a big time worried about how livid she was that she had just elarned the Truth, and he could not tell her more because he had to go do the rescue.

Lois had an inkling that Clark knew where the magician’s assistant was keeping the boy, but he wasn’t planning to tell her.
Her being Lois or the assistant?

Superman landed again a moment later.
It was not immediately obvious that he came back with Constance. With the speed Superman sometimes moved at first I thought he had taken her to the police and come back.

“Take me with you!” Lois called, feeling as if she were a helpless female being left behind and not liking the situation in the least.
party she wants to be with Clark.

“Lois, I need you to handle things here,” Superman said sharply. “And explain things to the police. Can I trust you to do that?”
frown I was so hoping they would fly together, and talk.

She glared at him. “You can always trust me, Superman.”
I just wish there was a way to make him realize that this was really a message for Clark.

“I know I can, Lois,” he replied, and disappeared into the night’s sky.
Then why don't you Clark?

Darren Ronick was wandering around too, but Constance had hypnotized him and Dr. Novak so that neither of them would notice the children she kept bringing and keeping there.
party party party Dr. Novak lived. I always liked him. We have now had one person live who died in canon. So much for him being "wrong" Clark, he is helping the wrold be a better place.

A part of Lois felt that she should call Clark and inform him what happened, because this had been his story for the most part.
But he knows what happened, why bother with the charade?

It was a very small part of her.
Although it would be nice if they would talk.

Good-bye shared byline. Hello, Superman rescue.
But if he had come as Clark, could he had even stopped Constance at all?

I met a nice woman.
I knew he should not have said something that stupid.

Fine. Clark was jealous of Luthor.
Well, Luthor gets to touch her and be with her and Clark does not. How can he help it?

She had told him that she loved him, not Lex,
Actions speak louader than words. The action of whom she leaves the "Magic of the Night" Ball with speaks very loud.

not Superman… okay; she had said she loved Superman too, but – come on! – How could she not? He was Superman, for heaven’s sake!
I am surprised she is not going with the "he is Clark" argument.

Anyway, not only had Lois told Clark that she loved him, but that he was the only man in the world for her, that their break-up was just a ruse, and to trust her. Clearly, he was still having trouble with that last one.
Well, her actions do not make sense. Jimbo's comment really did not help either.

She sighed. She trusted him, why couldn’t he trust her? How could she make him trust her?
Start acting in a trustworthy manner? Sneak into his apartment and show him that is where she really wants to be?

Maybe she should go up to the roof and talk to Superman about her Daitch discovery.
That sounds like a good plan.

Lois glanced at the clock. It was around the time when night turned to morning. Clark had probably already gone to bed, and so should she. Tomorrow was Sunday, and she had the day off. She would talk to him then.
frown I was hoping she would talk to him now.

So is she going to talk to SM or CK tomorrow?

John Pack Lambert