-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.
What is she going to tell him now?
Kinda, sorta, not planning on it.

Oh, that is what she doesn't want Clark to know. That she knows he was shot.
He's not in on this conversation.

At least she is asking the question.
LOIS: I didn't go to Journalism school to learn underwater basket weaving.

Kryptonite.
All Lois knows is that Kryptonite can kill him, not that it can take away his powers. She learns a bit of this during Madame Ex but they had him recover his powers so quickly, I don't remember if canon Clark told Lois anything more than it could kill him.

She mentioned the rock. This is not good, it will give Luthor ideas.
Another reason Clark shouldn't have fallen asleep while Lois was writing the story.

Well, not exactly.
LOIS: Sounds logical to me.

PERRY: Me, too.

LOIS: Until I hear otherwise, I'm sticking with this story.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

Well, better late than never.
CLARK: Actually, better never than late.

Lois: Superman I have a question.

SM: What is it.

Lois: Does this kryptonite affect you.

SM: Can you promise me not to tell anyone.

Lois: Yes.

SM: Yes, it does Lois. It makes me vulnerable to bullets, and in pain. It can kill me.
That's one possiblity, yes.

Lois: Clark I have a question.

Clark: OK.

Lois: Does Kryptonite hurt Superman.

Clark: Well, ah, that is a good question.
clap

Better her than Clark. Her lies are more credible.
LOIS: Thank you. I have years of experience.

Oh, I thought it was more she would miss having him around, getting to look at him, etc.
LOIS: You really expect me to admit that to myself?

Wait, wouldn't it be better if Clark hears the story she tells, so that he can collaborate it.
No. Well, not for the Readers at least. evil

Clark: They don't have the ability to send me back to where I came from.
TRASK: Give me a big enough gun, and I'll try.

She only kissed him, he didn't kiss back.
CLARK: She kissed me?

LOIS: Well, you were asleep at the time.

CLARK: You kissed me while I was asleep? love

LOIS: Don't make anything of this.

CLARK: Sure. Fine. I won't.

LOIS: Liar!

I can see him suspecting lots of things.
PERRY: As a matter of fact I did. laugh

Not really, but close enough.
It's better than her hating him.

She is way off on this point.
Um... Isn't that what Clark does? Unveal criminal activity through his investigations?

The first part is true, about a "real life", but he was a valuable asset to society before, just too valuable all the time.
CLARK: You never know the importance of a real life, until you no longer have one.

She should admit to Perry that she overheard his conversation and so really did not know all the details, but of couse she won;t.
She did tell him. That she overheard him talking to the Kents about it.

True, Perry. However sometimes people need to tell things, even when they don't want to.
PAUL: Despite telling you that I really like you and that I want to date you (in secret), I'm going to instead date Linda and publish your story under her name.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLAUDE: I have VD. I'm going to sleep with you and steal your story and tell everyone how bad you are in the sack.

CLARK: I've lied to you about my past, because I'm really a crime fighting superhero from another planet. I've travel across time and space (dimensional space) because I want to spend the rest of my life loving and cherishing you. You're the best person I've ever known, and I'm in awe of you.

Does this mean they arn't dating anymore?
LOIS: You think I should date a liar? A man whose past I don't know. You might be psychotic killer? No, thank you.

Perry has a very good point. This is not an easy thing to tell others.
PERRY: I have 35 years experience in the newsbusiness and almost the same amount of time dealing with matters of the heart.

Although I don;t think she quite said that. I would argue she just rated partners as higher than a few dates, maybe about on par with engaged, but not more than married.
Hence the embarrassment.

Wait, isn;t that better than pretending he is not keeping anything from her, but keeping all sorts of secrets (like Luthor does).
LOIS: What secrets? You have proof that Luthor's keeping secrets? Documentation? Cold hard facts? I didn't think so. Anyway, I don't like Luthor that way, I told Clark as much the other night... well, he was asleep, but still...

Sounds like the fastest way to do that is to earn his trust, not to do background checks.
LOIS: 'Earn his trust'? hmmmmm. No, I don't understand that phrase. I'll just stick with what I do best... being an investigative reporter.

Oh no, Perry gave her the green light. Hmm, but what happens when she finds nothing?
PERRY: I gave Kent the green light to investigate Luthor too, and he hasn't come up with much either. If I hadn't they still would have gone through with their investigations, only without back-up. I'd rather be in the loop with these investigations than out of it.

Superman: That's OK Lois. You look wonderful anyway.
A woman can never be too careful. She might have spinach between her teeth or something. wink

Hopefully she does not go too overboard in prepping for the interview.
SUPERMAN: As I said above, Lois you always look beautiful.

Interview coming up... Oh, wait, late tomorrow night. blush

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.