Lois’s eyes widened. “Superman was here yesterday?”

He nodded. “Who do you think freed me from the van and the chains? Who do you think tied that bar around Trask?”
Well, now he is going for the truth, but is he going to tell another lie?

“But… but… Trask thought you were Superman,” Lois sputtered, her mind swirling in confusion. Why hadn’t Clark said anything about Superman being here yesterday?
He hadn't felt up to lieing.

“Superman was very quick. Trask didn’t see even a hint of cape,” Clark explained. “It’s one of the reasons he believed me when I said ‘I’m Superman’.”
Now he is going for the minimum lie. It is 100% true that Trask saw no cape, but it had nothing to do with Superman's speed.

She slapped his arm. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
Clark: I was hoping you would believe that I am Superman.

“Hmmmm,” Lois said as if she were contemplating his non-answer. “So, you’re saying that you’re nothing without your friend? That you can’t defend yourself, or protect anyone, without him? That you’re worthless?”

He snuck a glance at her.

Then it hit her. “You’re the tree!”

His focused attention made her realize she was right.
What, I am confused. I think Lois is misunderstanding. I also have a strong suspicion that she unwittingly reinforced his feelings of being inadequate.

She grabbed the ax out of his hand, and lifting it up, swung at the tree. He was right. This did feel good. “Let’s chop down the man that you are, Clark,” she said, swinging again. “The man who listens to every person he meets, so that they feel heard, from the waitress to the telemarketer, to the man he strikes up a conversation with in line at the airport, to the people he interviews.”
smile1 hyper the Spaceship is in there.

“I guess I’ll volunteer to get my hands dirty.”

“Clark, your hands are already dirty,”
All the more reason to not let anyone else dirty their hands.

“There’s something here.” He moved closer and started to shift through the debris and ash. Martha and Jonathan joined them at the truck. “It looks to have fallen down partially through the bottom of the truck,” Clark went on. He tossed some charred pieced of wood out of the truck and then froze.
He found the spaceship.

Clark: What do I do now? What if Lois sees the spaceship? Will she figure out that Superman came to earth as a child?

He turned back to Lois and the Kents with an expression of awe, ecstasy, and amazement that lit up his entire face. He looked so entirely different from the man who was trying to chop down the tree earlier that it was more him than his discovery that drew Lois closer.
And how will he explain to Lois being so excited at finding this? Hmm, actually since Lois will be glad to, and he is said to be Superman's friend and all, it might not be hard to explain that, especially since Lois will probably be too distracted to pay attention to that issue.

Clark jumped down from the truck. “Martha, can you bring your truck down here and you’d better bring some sort of chain as well? I’m not sure how heavy this thing is,” he said.
Is this because he is not up to Superstrength, or because he does not want Lois to see him use Superstrength, or both?

She couldn’t recognize it from what was uncovered and brushed away more of the ash to reveal a large red “S”. Stumbling backwards, she fell out of the truck. Luckily, Clark caught her. “It’s… it’s…”

Clark grinned and nodded.
Clark: My cradle.

“Superman’s spaceship,” Lois finished.
Now we just have to wait for her to realize how big it's carrying compartment is.

“It’s the find of the century!” Lois crowed. “I can’t believe that Bureau 39 left it here.”
Clark: Well, I stole the tag when we were at their warehouse, so they might be unclear on what it is.

“Maybe they haven’t unloaded the rest of the trucks yet and don’t know that it’s missing,” suggested Clark.
Lois: Wait, they have other stuff like this?

“That makes sense,” agreed Lois. “I don’t care why, actually. I’m thrilled.” She wrapped her arms around Clark. “I bet Superman will be pleased to have it returned to him.”
Clark: He already is.

Clark nodded again. “Let’s move it up to the barn, before Bureau 39 returns looking for it, or the sheriff does.”
Clark: Lois having the clues to figure out the truth of Superman, like how small his spaceship is, is ok. Max Harris having those close, not in a million lifetimes.

“This more than makes up for the loss of evidence yesterday,” Lois gushed. “Perry’s going to dance a jig.”
Perry: dance dance dance We have Superman's spaceship.

Clark’s face fell and he glanced over at Jonathan. “Lois, we can’t tell anyone about this. Everyone will come out here and overrun the Kents’ farm.”

“But… Superman... the scoop!” Lois said, unable to make a more forceful argument.
Maybe it is good he didn't tell her the whole truth. Although I don't think she would want to release info on CK=SM. Right now by big guess is she has not worked out the size of the passenger compartment, and so does not realize that "Superman" could not have come in this unless he was "Superbaby".

“Yes, Lois,” Clark agreed. “But Superman wouldn’t want to endanger the Kents any more than they’ve already been this week. Perhaps we should hold off on the ‘scoop of the century’ until we can contact him.
This will also give him more time to work out how to explain the spaceship's size.

We’ll report that Superman picked up his…” He glanced at the ship. “— space transport vehicle from the Kents’ farm where it had been abandoned by Bureau 39.
And to do that it needs to happen first.

That way people won’t come looking for more stuff, thinking it had been hidden here all along, or that it’s still here, and being that Superman took it away.”

She stepped out of Clark’s arms and shooed him away. “Well, go contact him already. I’m ready to pick up Jimmy and head back to Metropolis.”

Clark’s eyes nearly popped out of his head. “It’s not that easy, Lois.”
Well, actually, technically it is easier most of the time.

“Sure, it is. You go call him, and I’m sure he’ll come right away to pick up his ship,” Lois said, wondering why Clark was still standing there.
Clark: Not when he is suffering from Kryptonite poisoning.

Oh, silly her. Clark didn’t want his new adoptive parents to know he had a way to contact the superhero.
But wasn;t that why Martha called him in the first place, because of his SM connection?

How was it that Clark and Superman had bonded so quickly and easily, when Clark had trouble doing so with others?
Well Clark has known Superman longer than he has known anyone else on the earth.

“We should hide it away, somewhere here on the farm, where nobody can find it. When we get back to Metropolis, we can tell Superman where it is,” recommended Clark. “And he can come pick it up.”
Somehow I think Superman is just going to leave it where they hide it and tell people he picked it up.

Afterwards, Lois and Clark both needed showers again.
Lois is in such a hurry, will she suggest they save time by taking a shower together wink

Actually, she wasn’t sure if Clark had showered before. She was just repacking her suitcase, when she heard Clark calling to Jonathan from the downstairs bath about borrowing a razor.
I guess there are multiple showers.

She shook her head. Once more, her Boy Scout of a partner was showing he was woefully unprepared.
Clark: Normally razors don't do anything for me.

John Pack Lambert