Perry gestured to the seat. “Lois, honey, what in the name of Elvis happened in Kansas?”
What is she going to tell him now?

She sat down in the chair indicated and shook her head. “I’m not quite sure.” She looked over her shoulder, double-checking that Clark still wasn’t in. He had gone to contact Superman about his spaceship. “Clark got shot.”

Perry jumped to his feet. “What?”
Oh, that is what she doesn't want Clark to know. That she knows he was shot.

Anyway, if Trask thought Clark was Superman why did he shoot him?
At least she is asking the question.

Everyone knows that bullets bounce off Superman. So, I don’t know. I’m thinking that Clark is holding something back about what happened, but I cannot for the life of me fathom what.”
Kryptonite.

“Yes, we rescued Wayne Irig and stopped Bureau 39 from… well, finding the rock Trask claimed could kill Superman.
True, but they already had some of the rock. Fortunantly Lois does not know about that.

All this was in my story,”
dance she likes me.

and the more I get to know the him, the more I want to get to know him better, but right now I feel more pity than love for him. That’s no basis for a relationship. Anyway, I refuse to give my heart to someone who has told me to my face that he’s keeping stuff from me.
Wait, isn;t that better than pretending he is not keeping anything from her, but keeping all sorts of secrets (like Luthor does).

There’s a good man there, Perry; I know there is. I’m just trying to find the real him.”
Sounds like the fastest way to do that is to earn his trust, not to do background checks.

He looked at her for a moment as if choosing his words carefully. “Okay, for now, we’ll just assume Clark Kent is who he says he is,” he suggested. “Poke around, quiet like. If you find anything that isn’t kosher, tell me immediately. I don’t want to out the man if it will put any of us or him at risk, but I’m curious to know what he knows and how he knows it.”
Oh no, Perry gave her the green light. Hmm, but what happens when she finds nothing?

She bit her bottom lip so their discovery wouldn’t fall out of her mouth. “A Superman exclusive! Clark went out to find him.” Lois jumped to her feet. Superman would be coming to the Daily Planet to see her, and she hadn’t checked herself in the mirror since before they had boarded the plane in Topeka.
Superman: That's OK Lois. You look wonderful anyway.

“Um… I’ve got to go prep for this interview!” she said, and rushed out the door.
Hopefully she does not go too overboard in prepping for the interview.

John Pack Lambert