Before she could answer, an army truck and a white van came barreling down the access road.
Shouldn’t they have paced themselves and waited the appropriate time?

This man was a fanatic, who would never see reason, no matter how clear and logical their argument was.
An argument often appears sound and logical to the unhinged mind that concocted said argument.

“I’m willing to do a trade. You give me the green rock…” Trask paused his speech as the third of his men rolled Jonathan, in his wheelchair, across the yard and up to them.
And he’ll kill only one of them?

He glanced up at her, setting his hand on hers, and they both knew that Trask was lying to them. He would never set them free.
Hmm…killing someone could be interpreted as setting him free.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Wayne didn’t give us any rock,” Jonathan told the man truthfully. Thomas had.
So, that’s where Clark learned how to speak the literal truth.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I normally wouldn’t hit a disabled person, but…

Trask pondered this. “He looks a bit brawny for a daughter.”
Steroids, so she could win the football championship in college.

“Wait!” Martha caved first. “How do we know you have anyone in the back of the van at all?”
drool

“Hank, I have no problem arresting you too,” screamed Sheriff Harris.

“You’d have to catch me first,” Hank said, jogging across the road and climbing into a pick-up truck.
What if Max shoots him in the back? Also, is it just me or did Hank imply to Max that the Sheriff should best go and have relations with himself?

There were cheers from the crowd as Hank drove away. Jimmy grinned, feeling much better about this small town.
Why is Max getting reelected when is such an obvious miscreant?

“Get in. I got to go stop that fool before I have a national incident on my hands and the feds get sent in.”
Yeah, might bust his drug operation wide open.

Who had Trask shot? Had it only been a bluff to test him?
Maybe one of the pigs?

Clark pulled the steel bar, to which he had been chained, out of the van and bent it around the paranoid bigot’s arms.
Wait, with Trask secured, how is he going to use the Kryptonite on Clark again?

before Clark caught him and stuffed a rag, he had retrieved from the tool shed, into Trask’s mouth.
Maybe pour some gasoline on it first?

Good quality staff there, Trask, Clark thought.
Well, he had to requisition them form the local law enforcement office.

“Avian Hunter, it’s Home Base,” said a scratchy voice. “Come in, Avian Hunter.”
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.