Well, if the shoe fit… Jimmy thought, but wisely didn’t speak aloud.
Maybe it is good Lois sent Jimmy. She would never resist saying that retort outlouad.

“No, but I am, Max,” another man said, stepping up.
clap someone is standing up to the bully.

“Stay out of it, Hank. This has nothing to do with us,” pleaded his beautiful blonde wife, who held a sleeping infant against her shoulder.
I like Lana less and less.

“This has to stop, Lana. Max and his dad have terrorized us and this town long enough,” the man, Hank, said to his wife, before returning his focus to the sheriff. “You don’t arrest a man who comes to you for help, Max.”
Yes, someone is standing up to Lana.

“That’s Sheriff Harris to you, Hank,” growled the sheriff.
Not since you drove him out of town. He does not live under your jurisdiction Max.

“The Daily Planet? You mean, you’re with um… uh… the brunette lady…” Hank snapped his fingers as he tried to remember something. “— Lois Lane and her husband? He’s the one this Trask guy has got?”
Jimmy:Lois and Clark got married on their way out here, and they didn't even tell me.

“Partner, husband, whatever. Yeah,” Jimmy said, not wishing to correct any man interested in helping him at the moment.
Well, OK, maybe Lois would have told Jimmy if she had married CK.

Jimmy:Maybe CK tricked her into getting married somehow. Maybe that is why she wants to kill him.

“I thought I told you to be quiet,” Sheriff Harris said, giving Jimmy a hard shake.

“You recommended it, and I declined that right, because no intelligent judge will rule against the freedom of speech or the press when lives are on the line!”[/Qute]

clap You tell him Jimmy!

[Quote]“And you think this Trask guy is on the up-and-up, Max?” Hank asked.

“Yes, as a matter of fact I do,” the sheriff said proudly.

“Well, that settles it. I’m heading out to the Kent farm.
clap Finally someone seeing through the Harris lies.

His wife took his arm. “Don’t go, Hank,” she insisted. “Walt died ten years ago and his death has caused us nothing but trouble.
Only because they have let Max control how people interpret it.

We don’t owe the Irigs anything.
Well, if Lana had gone to prom with Walt and not Hank, who knows what would have happened.

What if you got hurt? You can’t go off on this fool’s errand, Hank; you’ve got a family of your own to protect.”

Hank stared his wife straight in the eye. “A family that includes the Irigs, Lana,”
dance Finally someone has called Lana's bluff.

Then, past the ringing in his ears, which had turned sharp and almost torturous in pitch,
Is he hearing Jimmy's signal watch?

he heard something else, someone else.

Help Clark.

“Lois?” Clark replied, his head snapping up.
And again Superman is made by Lois.

“Just remember,” he could hear Trask calling to his hostages outside the van. “You give your lives in the cause of humanity.”
Yes, defending the good of humanity from crazies like Trask who would destroy it.

Without thinking, Clark pulled off his shackles and burst through the back doors of the van.
Yes! Superman is back.

“Wayne passed out after Trask shot him in the leg,”
Convient, now we won't have more people accidently learning Jerome=SM.

Avian’s gal pal? Superman must be the ‘thing pertaining to birds’ who they were hunting. Did they mean birdman? The metaphor was so ridiculous, and grammatically incorrect, Clark almost laughed. So, Superman’s ‘gal pal’ would be…? Oh, Lois!
NR: You should have just slept with her when you had the chance, the bad guys all think you did anyway.

PR: No, that would have been stupid.

Clark: First off, I want Lois to love me, not just the suit. Secondly, if I just wanted tyo be with groupies, I could have stayed back in my own dimension.

Lois had escaped, his heart exploded with relief.
Of course until just now he had not know how close to being captured she was either.

Thank goodness! Then he grinned. Lois was going to love that nickname.
Lois: Well I would rather be know as Superman's girlfriend than as Jerome "the liars" wife.

Martha: There is something we have not told you about Jerome.

Lois: What?

Martha: He's Superman.

Lois: shock No way.

Trask’s man retorted with a mocking chuckle, “Backup? She’s one woman, Zulowski!”
Clark: Obviously these guys have never met Lois.

“Yeah, right, Zulowski. Don’t worry, we’ll get rid of that problem for you,”
Clark:I don't like the sound of that.

Tell him we’ll finish up after we catch the alien’s whore.
Clark: shock Where did this come from? How did Trask get Kryptonite?

Mrs. Kent had said that the light of the rock made Jerome sick.
So Jerome has a light alllergy?

“Hey, Thomas, I didn’t hear you’d come back to town,” Darlene said happily, popping her gum.
Max seems to not have sreened his employees to make sure they all properly hate Irigs.

“Sheriff’s already on his way to your location. Hold tight. You hurt, darling?”
Is Darlene the type of lady who calls everyone things like "Darling", or is there something more between her and Thomas, at least in her mind?

“Honey, your dad wouldn’t forgive himself if anything happened to you. You know that, don’t you?” Darlene said. “Best lay low, and wait for the sheriff to arrive. He’ll take care of everything.”
I guess since he wants employees who believe he is effective at the job, Max cannot be too picky about other things.

Call the Medivac helicopter from Wichita. I’m thinking we’re going to need it. Gotta go,” he said, hanging up the phone. He grabbed his gun and ran out the front door and down the driveway.
It sounds like Thomas' call was worth it afterall. I hope neither Clark nor Lois dies, nor Wayne for that matter. I should hope Trask lives to, but I really can't bring myself to that.

John Pack Lambert