Originally Posted by Morgana
Part 31

“I know.” Clark sighed, leaning in to kiss her forehead. “I’ve been trying to connect him to some of these mysterious deaths and still haven’t heard anything back from STAR Labs.”

“The mysterious heart failure,” Lois commented. “What a mess.”

“Mysterious heart failure. Mysterious power surges that I have a feeling Luthor is behind and don’t even get me started on that Batman character…”

Whew! Lots going on in this chapter as well.

This story has so many unique new characters and several old ones. But with all this talk of S.T.A.R. Labs where oh where is Bernie!? sad He is my favorite gentle scientist and all around good guy. In the series he made the most semi-regular appearances and I have no doubt that if there had been a final season he would have been made a member of the permanent cast. So where is he in this fic?

Lex is getting sloppy. Mysterious heart attacks? Hmmm that's an obvious pattern. Between that and showing up at Lois' place and attacking her and Lucy not once, but twice, his mental instability is coming to the forefront.

Oh goody! Batman has finally made an appearance! Its about time.

OK, time to get back to this chapter.

Holy cow you read fast!

Okay let me handle each line at a time

1) Yes it's a lot going on
2) Bernard Klein is mentioned early in the fic but if you recall in the series Dr. Klein didn't show up until Season 3. Trying to stay as true to the cannon timeline as possible Dr. Klein wouldn't be a big part of the plot. (As much as we want him to)
3)Lex is getting desperate. He knows he's missing something. He's not getting anywhere with his surveillance so he lashes out in a drunken rage and STILL can't get the answers he's looking for. But they do say an animal is most dangerous when cornered.
4) Yes, Batman has made his appearance and will be fun to show how he and Superman interact with one another.
5) Enjoy the next chapter smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube