Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Epiphany - 12/14/16 03:41 PM
Comments for Epiphany go here

hyper
peep
evil
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 12/15/16 12:12 PM
Greetings!

Lex smiled, “Perhaps some new equipment is needed?” He turned to Nigel, “Nigel, make sure to send funds for a new radiology equipment,”

“No, Mr. Luthor, that isn’t necessary,”

“Nonsense,” Lex continued. “You’re in need. I’m able. I help. It’s what good businessmen do,”

The doctor sighed, realizing this was a losing battle, “Yes, Mr. Luthor, about your scans. It appears there was some damage to the ligaments in your shoulder, but no nerve damage. You won’t be able to use those muscles for at least six to eight weeks. I’m surprised your wound wasn’t worse…it appeared to have been healing itself when you arrived…”

This is the first time I have read of Lex Luthor being so ... generous. But than he tells Nigel to arrange for Mr. Fuentes to suffer because of that gunshot wound. Talk about split personality! dizzy
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 12/17/16 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
Greetings!

Lex smiled, “Perhaps some new equipment is needed?” He turned to Nigel, “Nigel, make sure to send funds for a new radiology equipment,”

“No, Mr. Luthor, that isn’t necessary,”

“Nonsense,” Lex continued. “You’re in need. I’m able. I help. It’s what good businessmen do,”

The doctor sighed, realizing this was a losing battle, “Yes, Mr. Luthor, about your scans. It appears there was some damage to the ligaments in your shoulder, but no nerve damage. You won’t be able to use those muscles for at least six to eight weeks. I’m surprised your wound wasn’t worse…it appeared to have been healing itself when you arrived…”

This is the first time I have read of Lex Luthor being so ... generous. But than he tells Nigel to arrange for Mr. Fuentes to suffer because of that gunshot wound. Talk about split personality! dizzy

Hey Morgana!

Hope you're doing well. Thanks for the FDK.

Yes, I'm using the crazy Lex Luthor from the whole clone-arc and meshing him with the debonair Lex Luthor from the first season...He's Metropolis' "Golden Child" so he has an image to uphold. Gonna see how it plays out.

Playing with the whole Foundling cliffhanger of Lex looking for Superman's secret identity and meeting Jack at the Planet during Fly Hard...I've been doing nothing but writing this one since yesterday after the kids went to bed...I haven't had a story come out so fast in sooo long. Hoping to have the next part up after Christmas but we'll see. smile

Have a Merry Christmas!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/03/17 04:41 AM
Part 3 is now up. FDK appreciated as always.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/07/17 06:07 PM
That kiss. There had been so much intensity behind it…almost like he was kissing her as if his life depended on it.

This is so funny! I was watching HoL this morning since we are in the teeth of this crazy storm and can't go anywhere! goofy
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/08/17 01:10 AM
That kiss. There had been so much intensity behind it…almost like he was kissing her as if his life depended on it.

This is so funny! I was watching HoL this morning since we are in the teeth of this crazy storm and can't go anywhere! goofy

We're stuck from the storm too....mainly from ice. Not a lot just keeps freezing over. sad

Yeah, it's weird to rewatch the old seasons especially after reading so many wonderful rewrites....you forget sometimes how it really went. lol

Hope you stay warm from the storm. Thanks for the FDK! smile
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/10/17 02:34 AM
Part 4 has been posted. FDK appreciated.
Posted By: chickberry Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/11/17 04:32 AM
I like how you folded in scenes from several episodes for the date and reveal. Enjoying the story and looking forward to the next posting.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/11/17 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by chickberry
I like how you folded in scenes from several episodes for the date and reveal. Enjoying the story and looking forward to the next posting.

Awww, thanks. Yeah, there's a lot of episodes tied into this story with the flashbacks, but building everything up to the final revelation...I always liked the dancing scene at the end of 2-04 when Superman was dancing with Lois. Thought it made a good revelation story. hyper
Posted By: Superjan Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/12/17 01:42 PM
Loved your reveal in this story! Since it was done before TOGOM, Lois doesn't have as much hurt and very little anger, at least yet! So sweet that Clark is taking it slow in the intimacy department in order to let everything sink in for Lois! I fear in the next chapter that Lex will not let Lois go without some very ugly twists and turns! Can't wait to find out! smile1
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/12/17 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Superjan
Loved your reveal in this story! Since it was done before TOGOM, Lois doesn't have as much hurt and very little anger, at least yet! So sweet that Clark is taking it slow in the intimacy department in order to let everything sink in for Lois! I fear in the next chapter that Lex will not let Lois go without some very ugly twists and turns! Can't wait to find out! smile1

Yeah that was always one thing that kinda irked me about the show. It was like ....We're dating then BOOM! Let's get married. WTH? I was seriously getting irked with Clark during 3-01 WHATTA....

As far as Lex is concerned.... He has some serious control issues so 'giving up' isn't something he's able to do easily.

There will be plenty of fun in the next part. Thanks for the FDK.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/14/17 03:08 PM
I just read chapter 4. I love how Lois isn't angry with Clark about his keeping his Superman guise a secret from her -- and I like the fact that the date didn't end with the door slammed in his face.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/15/17 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Annie B.
I just read chapter 4. I love how Lois isn't angry with Clark about his keeping his Superman guise a secret from her -- and I like the fact that the date didn't end with the door slammed in his face.

Thanks, yeah I wanted to explore the long road of 'What if' with this one. There is still a lot for them to explore and learn about one another though. smile
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/18/17 04:15 PM
Part 6 and 7 are up here . The game of cat and mouse has begun... peep devilsplat evil
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/20/17 01:14 AM
“How do you think Mr. Kent would feel if he knew he was so ….instrumental in bringing this Kryptonite’s existence to my knowledge?” Lex asked as he paused the recording once more. He lit his cigar and smiled, “Continue the surveillance. We’ll catch up when I get back,” Lex ordered, heading toward the elevator.
Good thing Lois and Clark were talking about Superman in the 3rd person, or Lex would have some very dangerous information.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/20/17 01:18 AM
“I’ve been …..seeing Clark,” Lois said slowly.

She was ready for the fireworks. The lectures and the disapproval tones. What she wasn’t prepared for was this. “Good for you,”

“What?” Lois asked, uncertainly.

“I said, ‘good for you,’” Ellen repeated. “You’re friends. If it works out ….and I’m not saying it won’t….it’ll make the relationship stronger.”

“Who are you and what have you done with my mother?” Lois asked, surprised.

“What? I can’t be happy for my daughter?” Ellen asked.
Ellen approves? No wonder Lois is confused! Maybe Ellen married Sam too quickly, without getting to know him first. Falling for a friend usually means that you know something about the other person (something that you like, or you wouldn't be friends in the first place).
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/21/17 01:43 AM
“How do you think Mr. Kent would feel if he knew he was so ….instrumental in bringing this Kryptonite’s existence to my knowledge?” Lex asked as he paused the recording once more. He lit his cigar and smiled, “Continue the surveillance. We’ll catch up when I get back,” Lex ordered, heading toward the elevator.
Good thing Lois and Clark were talking about Superman in the 3rd person, or Lex would have some very dangerous information.

Hi, Annie! Thanks for the FDK.

Yes, it's a game of cat and mouse now.... We'll see where this goes. This is one instance where talking about himself in the third person comes in handy. wink I always wondered how Lex knew about Kryptonite so I'm filling in the holes smile

“I’ve been …..seeing Clark,” Lois said slowly.

She was ready for the fireworks. The lectures and the disapproval tones. What she wasn’t prepared for was this. “Good for you,”

“What?” Lois asked, uncertainly.

“I said, ‘good for you,’” Ellen repeated. “You’re friends. If it works out ….and I’m not saying it won’t….it’ll make the relationship stronger.”

“Who are you and what have you done with my mother?” Lois asked, surprised.

“What? I can’t be happy for my daughter?” Ellen asked.
Ellen approves? No wonder Lois is confused! Maybe Ellen married Sam too quickly, without getting to know him first. Falling for a friend usually means that you know something about the other person (something that you like, or you wouldn't be friends in the first place).

Yeah, from what they discussed in the show it seemed maybe they didn't know each other, as well as they, thought when they got together. I forget which episode it was where Ellen talked about it...."He was a brilliant surgeon. I was his loyal nurse. We had it all..."

Posted By: Millefeuilles Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/21/17 07:36 PM
Hello, I'm afraid I stopped reading after the first 2 parts... Not because I didn't like the story. On the contrary, I'll finish reading when the story is complete: I'd be much too disappointed if I couldn't know the end.
Thanks for writing.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 01/28/17 07:28 PM
Part 9 is up.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 02/01/17 02:59 AM
He turned to smile at her, handing her a cup of coffee, “Hi,” He said with a smile. She hadn’t seen him since Saturday and he looked so good in his light gray suit with his usual outlandish tie in gray and red. Would it be in terrible taste if she kissed him here in the middle of the Daily Planet lobby? Sure it would give the gossip hounds even more to talk about but right now she really couldn’t think of a reason why she should care.

Kiss him! dance
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 02/01/17 05:08 PM
He turned to smile at her, handing her a cup of coffee, “Hi,” He said with a smile. She hadn’t seen him since Saturday and he looked so good in his light gray suit with his usual outlandish tie in gray and red. Would it be in terrible taste if she kissed him here in the middle of the Daily Planet lobby? Sure it would give the gossip hounds even more to talk about but right now she really couldn’t think of a reason why she should care.

Kiss him! dance

And she does! love party

Part 10 is now up.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Epiphany - 02/05/17 04:00 PM
Lex ignored Lucy, trying again to sweet talk Lois, “Please, Lois, don’t do this. We have something special. Our connection. I love you….If you could just take some time to see…We are meant to be…” He pulled out a box from his jacket and Lois’ eyes widened.

“Oh, God….” Lois shook her head as she watched him get down on one knee, “No, no, no, no, no….Are you out of your mind? What do you think you’re doing?”

“What does it look like?” He asked, reaching for her.
Lex just cannot take a hint!

“I try to give you the world and you spit in my face you ungrateful…” He doubled over in pain and released her jaw. She took advantage of the opportunity and delivered another kick to his back, watching in satisfaction as he rolled onto his back in pain.

“Nice aim,” Lois said, helping her sister to her feet.

“I learned from the best,” Lucy said brushing herself off.
Lucy is as badass as her sister.

Lex stood up, glaring at them in a rage, “You think you can betray me….humiliate me like this?” He snarled angrily as he finished staggering to his feet.
Yes, apparently.

“Mr. White?” a pretty blonde called from the waiting room and Perry stood up, following her down the long hallway.

“Uh, interesting décor,” Perry said, looking around the office at all the bats that were painted on the hallway.

“Mr. Wayne used to have a fear of them when he was younger so he keeps them around to remind himself that fear is just an obstacle,” She said, pointing to the office ahead. She knocked on the door three times and announced, “Mr. Wayne? Perry White to see you,”
Bruce isn't afraid that his interest in bats will cause someone to make the connection between him and Batman?

He pulled out a small square clip that had been attached to one of the wires linking the fuse box to the wall and lowered his glasses to examine it more, “It’s another bug,” He said grimly.
Uh-oh.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 02/08/17 02:10 PM
Lex just cannot take a hint!

No, Lex could never take a hint. Hence the whole kidnapping from the wedding - clone arc. I don't think that would have changed if Lois had dumped him before the Lois - Lex wedding so he's acting like a controlling stalker. Bugging her apartment, showering her with gifts in hopes she'll give him a second chance and now showing up at her apartment to 'take her back' as he sees fit.

Lucy is as badass as her sister.

I mirrored Lucy after my little sister. Over-protective with a loud mouth. So YES she is a bad ass.

Yes, apparently.

In Lex's mind Lois is his. Nothing will change that mindset. Think entitled rich boy that lost his favorite toy.

Bruce isn't afraid that his interest in bats will cause someone to make the connection between him and Batman?

I'm not doing too much with Batman I just thought it would be funny to give a little nod to his alter-ego.

Uh-oh.

Like I said 'cat and mouse'.

Part 11 was just posted. Thanks for the FDK. Glad you're enjoying the story.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 02/14/17 06:40 PM
Part 12 is up. evil
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Epiphany Part 13 is Up - 02/22/17 04:13 AM
The moment we've all been waiting for.... Part 13 is up. I've only gotten two more parts actually written...so the posting schedule for this one may take a backseat to Ghost from the Past but don't worry I won't leave you hanging for too long I promise.
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Epiphany Part 14 is up. - 02/28/17 03:47 AM
Part 14 is up. peep wallbash
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 03/02/17 01:15 AM
Part 14

“You’re joking, right? I have buyers lined up for this, and you want a money-back guarantee?” Devane sneered.

“Yes, I do,” Lex stared at Devane coldly.

“You’re not exactly in the position to be making demands, Mr. Luthor,” Devane warned.

“And neither are you,” Lex pulled out a .45 automatic and motioned with it for Devane to raise his hands. Devane stared down the barrel, shakily raising his hands as Lex began to give him orders, “Put the case down and walk away. IF it works, I’ll pay you your money with a bonus,”

“You double-crossing…”

“Uh, uh, uh, careful,” Lex warned, cocking the trigger.

The scene plays out perfectly! I can just see Lex with gun in hand telling Devane to be careful. Great dialogue!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 03/02/17 02:41 PM
Part 14

“You’re joking, right? I have buyers lined up for this, and you want a money-back guarantee?” Devane sneered.

“Yes, I do,” Lex stared at Devane coldly.

“You’re not exactly in the position to be making demands, Mr. Luthor,” Devane warned.

“And neither are you,” Lex pulled out a .45 automatic and motioned with it for Devane to raise his hands. Devane stared down the barrel, shakily raising his hands as Lex began to give him orders, “Put the case down and walk away. IF it works, I’ll pay you your money with a bonus,”

“You double-crossing…”

“Uh, uh, uh, careful,” Lex warned, cocking the trigger.

The scene plays out perfectly! I can just see Lex with gun in hand telling Devane to be careful. Great dialogue!

Thanks, Morgana! Yes, there are some familiar lines with HoL in this scene but in rewatching Season 1 over the last few weeks I noticed John Shea ad-libbed a lot of stuff. He added a lot of humor to his villain which made Lex so much fun to hate. I just tried to do him justice.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany Part 17 is up - 04/07/17 06:23 AM
Next Part is up for Epiphany. Let me know what you think!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany Part 18 is Up - 04/18/17 08:16 PM
Part 18 is up.
Okay so I know it's been longer than a week since the last post. I'm sorry. Really I am but once you read the next part you'll understand why it took so long. It is really hard to write Clark like this...

BTW: I stole a funny story from Tracy Scroggins interview about something that happened with her and Dean during a during a drunk escapade with the water towers as one of the "I Nevers" for Lucy. Seriously, you have to watch this. It's funny.

Anyway, let me know what you think about part 18.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany Part 19 is Up - 05/11/17 10:26 PM
Bumping to the top. Part 19 is up.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany Part 20 is Up - 05/15/17 10:14 PM
Okay so there's a LOT of drama going on in this part. Hints of what's to come are settled tightly in this chapter. Hope you enjoy.

Let me know what you think. Are you still reading? Is anyone out there???

help wave huh

Kinda quiet these days just want to make sure everyone's still there. <Give a smiley if you can hear me>
Read Part 20

Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - Part 21 is Up - 05/25/17 06:29 PM
I have the Next Part up. A new visitor in Metropolis and a very unhappy Ellen Lane. Bruce and Lex are locking horns. evil What will happen is anyone's guess. angel-devil
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 1900 VIEWS - 05/27/17 05:10 AM
Guys! This fdk thread just hit 1900 views!!!! dance jawdrop party

Now if only there were some more comments. Come on there's a lot more happening in the story. Does anyone have anything to say????
Posted By: chickberry Re: FDK: Epiphany - 1900 VIEWS - 05/27/17 05:37 AM
I guess I'll chime in.

Somehow I don't think Jack is going to give Perry what he wants to help clear Jimmy, but you never know what Jack can come up with to help his son out. So that should be interesting.

I feel sorry for Ellen. Pulled from her home and having to share a house with strangers that are a complete 180 from her family and everyone wanting to rush back in to danger and getting no say in it would be a lot to take in. I don't know what she would find harder to deal with, her own family or the glass is always half full Martha when she's always the glass is half empty.

I also like how the story shows clips of what's going on elsewhere and not just following the main characters. It's a little more like a tv show in that we get to see more of what's going on, even if it's just little tidbits. The competition between the billionaires is a fun exchange. The show never went there and had Lex vs the Church's or either against someone else with wealth and influence, unless you count Mindy's coup.

I have no idea where the story is going in the play between Clark and Bruce so I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 1900 VIEWS - 05/28/17 01:47 AM
Hi Chickberry! Thanks for commenting smile

Somehow I don't think Jack is going to give Perry what he wants to help clear Jimmy, but you never know what Jack can come up with to help his son out. So that should be interesting.

Jack is a wild card. Knowledge of his secret career with the NIA is being used to build the case against Jimmy so it'll be hard to prove that Jimmy was not in the know.

I feel sorry for Ellen. Pulled from her home and having to share a house with strangers that are a complete 180 from her family and everyone wanting to rush back in to danger and getting no say in it would be a lot to take in. I don't know what she would find harder to deal with, her own family or the glass is always half full Martha when she's always the glass is half empty.

Glad this came through. Yes, Ellen is getting dealt the short end of the stick. She still cares about Sam and his welfare and her daughters for that matter. She's angry they are running toward the danger instead of away from it.

Although Ellen and Martha are different. Her friendship will help as Ellen is somewhat isolated at the moment.

I also like how the story shows clips of what's going on elsewhere and not just following the main characters. It's a little more like a tv show in that we get to see more of what's going on, even if it's just little tidbits. The competition between the billionaires is a fun exchange. The show never went there and had Lex vs the Church's or either against someone else with wealth and influence, unless you count Mindy's coup.

Yes, I'm trying to have a nice balance with showing the supporting characters/villains / good guys as well as Lois and Clark to help move things along. I don't get into fics that only focus on Lois and Clark. I like to know what's going on with everyone. I like the idea of the two billionaires locking horns and finding creative ways to one-up the other.

I don't think Lex went against anyone from Intergang in the show perse. Nigel double-crossed him in Pheonix saying 'It's Intergang with the deep pockets' but never actually had Lex vs any of the Churches. (Although it would have been so cool to see)

I have no idea where the story is going in the play between Clark and Bruce so I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.

Well to put it in Bruce Wayne's words. 'We'll just have to learn how to trust one another, won't we?' I'm having fun with Bruce in this story. I've given him a personality and a sense of humor but he's still mysterious which sets off red flags with Clark who is dealing with Luthor and doesn't trust billionaire playboys
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - Part 22 Is Up - 05/31/17 03:30 AM
Aaaannnnd the steamy parts are back smile evil

And Poor Lex just can't win. He just keeps trying and trying to spy and can't figure out a way to keep Lois and Supes under surveillance. What's a villain to do?
Part 22 is up and ready for Feedback.

I'm now a few chapters ahead so we should go back to regular posts here soon. Let me know what you think.

There's a lot going on with Jack and Jimmy as well as the corruption with the Police Department and FBI. Who can they trust?
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - Part 23 is Up - 06/06/17 03:46 AM
Part 23 is up. Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think. wink
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 06/06/17 11:02 AM
Over two thousand views! shock Simply amazing!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 06/06/17 11:09 PM
Over two thousand views! shock Simply amazing!

Crazy right? I guess I have to live off views instead of comments wink razz

BUT I'm really close to finishing WRITING Epiphany. Um, trying to figure out how many pages = a chapter so I can adjust the ?? but hey I'm that close huh thumbsup
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Epiphany - Part 24 is Up - 06/14/17 04:52 PM
Part 24 has been posted. Let me know what you think. Been kinda quiet around here. huh Are you still with me???

As you can see the number of chapters has been confirmed so YES that means you're closer to the end wink thumbsup
A/N: In honor of my son's birthday tomorrow I decided to grace you all with an early posting of Epiphany. Yes, there will be another next week. Lots happening in here...including a revelation. Enjoy! ....And Comment? Seriously getting kinda lonely over here on the boards lately. huh

Read Part 25 here.

I didn't expect WWWW to show up and add the mix but it will be interesting to see where that goes.

I think L&C are getting way too careless. Someone needs to smack Clark and remind him that Superman shouldn't be kissing Lois Lane. I wonder if it's will be Lex or Lucy that confronts them first with that knowledge.
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Epiphany - Part 26 is Up Now! - 06/20/17 02:53 PM
I didn't expect WWWW to show up and add the mix but it will be interesting to see where that goes.

I think L&C are getting way too careless. Someone needs to smack Clark and remind him that Superman shouldn't be kissing Lois Lane. I wonder if it's will be Lex or Lucy that confronts them first with that knowledge.

Hey Chickberry! wave

Thanks for commenting!

I really couldn't resist adding this in. I know Dr. Kelly was crazy and trying to get Superman's powers and all but imagine how Lex would act when he discovered the new superhero in Metropolis? Anyway, not giving too much away.

Those two sometimes just can't help themselves... huh

I can say I'm not going to torture everyone for too much longer though. A revelation is coming though. thumbsup

I've posted Part 26 for everyone's enjoyment. I have finished writing Epiphany and now am in editing mode so....

The more responses I get the faster I'm encouraged to post basically thumbsup
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK: Epiphany - Part 26 is Up Now! - 06/21/17 04:14 AM
Yay, it's finished! Always such a good feeling smile
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Yay, it's finished! Always such a good feeling smile

wave hyper Haha Thanks NK! Yeah I'm so relieved to be done with the writing part and now....I edit. thumbsup
Part 27 has been posted. It does come with a TRIGGER warning for violence.

Hope everyone enjoys!
Is anyone still reading this on this side???
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - Part 27 is Up Now! - 06/25/17 12:36 AM
Of course I am! As promised I'm re-reading from Chapter One! Okay gotta go. At a wedding reception. Talk about partying!
Of course I am! As promised I'm re-reading from Chapter One! Okay gotta go. At a wedding reception. Talk about partying!
Hehe Okay, have fun. Lots of dancing!
party

I should have Part 28 up tomorrow. I tried to give constructive FDK on each chapter of Airport but ..... that's a lot of chapters. I hope my comments make you smile though wink
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Epiphany - Part 28 is Up! - 06/25/17 09:44 PM
All right, Part 28 is up. Trying to give everyone a chance to get caught up so ....I guess comment with a smiley or something when you're caught up or send me a PM or something. It's going to be a busy week but I DID just finish cleaning this up for archive so ready when you guys are wink
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 06/28/17 03:10 PM
YES! More Summer reading!!! party
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 06/28/17 04:23 PM
YES! More Summer reading!!! party

Haha! Yes, lots of summer reading for all! Now I'm going to go pass out because OMG! 590 PAGES! thud dizzy

It's DONE! Posted and Done and OMG! Hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Epiphany TOC Complete
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 06/29/17 11:58 AM
Part 4
Talk about a first date, dinner, dancing and flying! No wonder Lois didn't get angry, she was completely overwhelmed!

Wow is the only word to describe all that happened in this part,
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 06/29/17 03:04 PM
Part 4
Talk about a first date, dinner, dancing and flying! No wonder Lois didn't get angry, she was completely overwhelmed!

Wow is the only word to describe all that happened in this part,

Yes, I wanted a revelation to be done *right* for once. A little romance mixed in with dinner, dancing, and an evening flight is a sure way to make even Lois Lane speechless. Glad you're enjoying the story Morgana. thumbsup
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 06/30/17 11:49 PM
Part 5

It is so funny reading these parts again! Anyhow Lex forget the flowers and jewelry, simply leave Lois alone! She doesn't want you. Honestly, some guys are just plain stubborn.

Where is Jack?
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 07/01/17 12:03 AM
Part 6

Thank goodness Jack is OK, but he's badly shaken up.

Speaking of 'shaken up', Lex is none to pleased to get a Dear John letter. Hmmm, Mrs. Cox isn't too happy either.

Kryptonite. Oh boy.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 07/03/17 02:39 PM
Part 5

It is so funny reading these parts again! Anyhow Lex forget the flowers and jewelry, simply leave Lois alone! She doesn't want you. Honestly, some guys are just plain stubborn.

Where is Jack?

Yeah Lex always struck me as one of those controlling types that doesn't know how to take 'no' for an answer. Some guys just can't take a hint.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 07/03/17 04:16 PM
Part 7

Lots happening in the Bullpen! Those two need to keep their hands off each other when in the conference room.

Lucy co es across as a complete pain when she arrived at Lois' apartment. Does Loisnreally want to be bothered having her around now that Clark is in her life? Case in point, Lex is probably going to use her as leverage against her sister. After all, the camera failed, what else does he have left?

Oh yeah, he does have board members of the Daily Planet in his pocket....
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - COMPLETE! - 07/03/17 05:54 PM
Part 7

Lots happening in the Bullpen! Those two need to keep their hands off each other when in the conference room.

Lucy co es across as a complete pain when she arrived at Lois' apartment. Does Loisnreally want to be bothered having her around now that Clark is in her life? Case in point, Lex is probably going to use her as leverage against her sister. After all, the camera failed, what else does he have left?

Oh yeah, he does have board members of the Daily Planet in his pocket....

Haha yeah! It is so hard for those two to catch a break from the Planet Grapevine.... something so innocent too hehe.

Oh, Lex can be resourceful but Lucy has her own opinions when it comes to Lex... She'll grow on you I hope. wink

Yes Lex seems to have a lot of people in his pocket which comes into play later in the story. Thanks for the FDK. Hope you have a great 4th of July holiday.

Have I mentioned how much I do NOT like viewing this site on my phone? It's so tiny. I gotta zoom in and zoom out.... Don't mind me as I sit here bored waiting on the host to this stupid meeting to show up....
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/04/17 02:19 AM
Part 8

Nice touch with the trip to Smallville.

One glaring error. In 1996 cellphones were clunky gray hunks of plastic that you had to type a code into before using. NO WAY could Mrs. Cox write notes in her phone twenty years ago. Not to mention, international usage was slow and static-filled.

We now return to our regularly scheduled fanfic! dance
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/05/17 03:05 AM
Part 9

Way to go Lucy! Lex has got a lot of nerve pulling a stunt like that.

Jimmy, really? Even for you this is terrible timing.

Bruce Wayne isn't interested in buying the Planet? That's just batty!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/05/17 02:11 PM
Part 8

Nice touch with the trip to Smallville.

One glaring error. In 1996 cellphones were clunky gray hunks of plastic that you had to type a code into before using. NO WAY could Mrs. Cox write notes in her phone twenty years ago. Not to mention, international usage was slow and static-filled.

We now return to our regularly scheduled fanfic! dance

Yeah I know technology back then wasn't what it is today but Lex always seemed to get his hands on strange gadgets I figured maybe he invented a new type of cell phone wink

I thought a trip to Smallville would be a nice recharge for both of them. A little bonding and quality time without any interruptions.

Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/05/17 02:30 PM
Part 9

Way to go Lucy! Lex has got a lot of nerve pulling a stunt like that.

Jimmy, really? Even for you this is terrible timing.

Bruce Wayne isn't interested in buying the Planet? That's just batty!

Poor Jimmy and his bad timing!

Yes, Lucy is a bad ass sister. She doesn't like Lex one bit and is very protective.

You'll see more of Bruce wink
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/07/17 01:36 AM
Part 14

Wow! Were you right! A lot happened in this chapter.

Officer Jensen is now a Detective? That can't be good.

Toni Taylor is very smart, she will figure a way out of this situation. Glad she is making an appearance.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/07/17 12:11 PM
Part 14

Wow! Were you right! A lot happened in this chapter.

Officer Jensen is now a Detective? That can't be good.

Toni Taylor is very smart, she will figure a way out of this situation. Glad she is making an appearance.

Hi Morgana,

wave

Wow! You read fast. Yes, there was a LOT going on in Chapter 14. Yes there's a lot of cloak and dagger stuff going on behind the scenes that gets revealed later on. Everyone has an angle. dizzy Glad you're enjoying the story. thumbsup
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/11/17 02:25 AM
Part 17

Oh boy! I thought a lot happened in Part 14! Ha! That was a mere warm-up! Exhausted right now, but I plan on writing a lot more about this part. Bravo!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/13/17 01:53 AM
Part 19

Jenkins had better hope James Olsen's dad really is a structural engineer.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/13/17 12:49 PM
Part 17

Oh boy! I bought a lot happened in Part 14! Ha! That was a mere warm-up! Exhausted right now, but I plan on writing a lot more about this part. Bravo!
wave

Yes lots of twists and turns Morgana. (Sorry, just now saw this... It got buried) I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Part 19

Jenkins had better hope James Olsen's dad really is a structural engineer.

Hehe, Jenkins thinks he's got the upper hand. His assumption of being untouchable will be his own undoing in the end. evil
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/14/17 11:18 AM
“Lois?? There’s some Pest Control guy here….”

Clark stifled his laughter, and she covered his mouth with her hand, “Shhh…” She then called over her shoulder, “Okay, let them in.”

“I did.” Lucy knocked on the bedroom door. “They’ve sprayed everywhere already.”

Sorry, this whole scenario about the Pest Control guy simply does not work for me.

First, the Landlord or Management company has to inform the tenants that such a treatment will be taking place and it has to be done sometime after nine o'clock.

Second, they have already experienced being under surveillance by Luthor to begin with, why would they allow a pest company to come into their apartment? Alarm bells should be ringing! It doesn't make sense.

Other than that, this has been a cracklin' good read. It stinks that I have so much to do today and can't touch this again until tonight. mecry
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/14/17 02:31 PM
“Lois?? There’s some Pest Control guy here….”

Clark stifled his laughter, and she covered his mouth with her hand, “Shhh…” She then called over her shoulder, “Okay, let them in.”

“I did.” Lucy knocked on the bedroom door. “They’ve sprayed everywhere already.”

Sorry, this whole scenario about the Pest Control guy simply does not work for me.

First, the Landlord or Management company has to inform the tenants that such a treatment will be taking place and it has to be done sometime after nine o'clock.

Second, they have already experienced being under surveillance by Luthor to begin with, why would they allow a pest company to come into their apartment? Alarm bells should be ringing! It doesn't make sense.

Other than that, this has been a cracklin' good read. It stinks that I have so much to do today and can't touch this again until tonight. mecry

Hi Morgana! wave

Realistic? Why would we do that?? huh LOL! Yes, the Pest Control people wouldn't show up that early and certainly not without warning from the Landlord....but it's done this way so it's obvious to the reader what's going on. Not to Lois and Clark and Lucy(at least not at the moment). Sometimes when you're looking in one direction you don't think to look in the other. You'll see more from the 'Pest Control' and see them put the pieces together soon wink

Hopefully your day isn't too stressful. peep Hope you're enjoying the story.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/16/17 02:09 PM
Part 31

“I know.” Clark sighed, leaning in to kiss her forehead. “I’ve been trying to connect him to some of these mysterious deaths and still haven’t heard anything back from STAR Labs.”

“The mysterious heart failure,” Lois commented. “What a mess.”

“Mysterious heart failure. Mysterious power surges that I have a feeling Luthor is behind and don’t even get me started on that Batman character…”

Whew! Lots going on in this chapter as well.

This story has so many unique new characters and several old ones. But with all this talk of S.T.A.R. Labs where oh where is Bernie!? sad He is my favorite gentle scientist and all around good guy. In the series he made the most semi-regular appearances and I have no doubt that if there had been a final season he would have been made a member of the permanent cast. So where is he in this fic?

Lex is getting sloppy. Mysterious heart attacks? Hmmm that's an obvious pattern. Between that and showing up at Lois' place and attacking her and Lucy not once, but twice, his mental instability is coming to the forefront.

Oh goody! Batman has finally made an appearance! Its about time.

OK, time to get back to this chapter.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/17/17 12:59 AM
Part 31

“I know.” Clark sighed, leaning in to kiss her forehead. “I’ve been trying to connect him to some of these mysterious deaths and still haven’t heard anything back from STAR Labs.”

“The mysterious heart failure,” Lois commented. “What a mess.”

“Mysterious heart failure. Mysterious power surges that I have a feeling Luthor is behind and don’t even get me started on that Batman character…”

Whew! Lots going on in this chapter as well.

This story has so many unique new characters and several old ones. But with all this talk of S.T.A.R. Labs where oh where is Bernie!? sad He is my favorite gentle scientist and all around good guy. In the series he made the most semi-regular appearances and I have no doubt that if there had been a final season he would have been made a member of the permanent cast. So where is he in this fic?

Lex is getting sloppy. Mysterious heart attacks? Hmmm that's an obvious pattern. Between that and showing up at Lois' place and attacking her and Lucy not once, but twice, his mental instability is coming to the forefront.

Oh goody! Batman has finally made an appearance! Its about time.

OK, time to get back to this chapter.

Holy cow you read fast!

Okay let me handle each line at a time

1) Yes it's a lot going on
2) Bernard Klein is mentioned early in the fic but if you recall in the series Dr. Klein didn't show up until Season 3. Trying to stay as true to the cannon timeline as possible Dr. Klein wouldn't be a big part of the plot. (As much as we want him to)
3)Lex is getting desperate. He knows he's missing something. He's not getting anywhere with his surveillance so he lashes out in a drunken rage and STILL can't get the answers he's looking for. But they do say an animal is most dangerous when cornered.
4) Yes, Batman has made his appearance and will be fun to show how he and Superman interact with one another.
5) Enjoy the next chapter smile
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/23/17 10:17 AM
Part 35

Finally!

What a tour de force! This puts the 'E' in Epic! All the outstanding plotlines were ties up neatly with brightly colored ribbon.

Ralph is up for a Kerth? Seriously? jawdrop

Cat wrote up an scathing article about Arthur Chow? As they say, Hell hath no fury ....

Lois walked up to Perry, spotting Clark in conversation with Bruce about what she could only imagine was related to their recent friendship as crime fighters. "Hey, Chief," Lois said pulling Perry's attention to her.

So glad they are friends in this universe. The whole Batman vs. Superman is annoying. The film even more so.

“This. All of this wouldn’t be possible without you, Lois. Every article here. The building we’re standing in. All of it is because of you. I can’t imagine my life without you standing by my side. You are the first person I want to talk to when I wake up and the last person I want to talk to when I go to sleep at night. You complete me.”

Way to go Clark. Very classy proposal.

From Perry’s office, Lucy watched with a small smile as Clark held Lois close. The ring on Lois' hand sparkled against the overhead lights in the Newsroom. “Good for you, sis,” She whispered. After all the chaos she had been through with Lois and Clark the more determined she became to keep Clark’s secret; even from him.

It was safer this way. She suspected Lois knew that she was onto them after she had given her the green meteorite she’d found, but she continued to pretend she didn’t know her now future brother-in-law moonlighted in tights. She pretended not to know and let Clark feel a sense of security around her. Maybe one day she’d tell him but today was not the day.

Thank goodness Lucy is keeping this all very quiet. The last thing Clark needs is to have another person in on the secret. Still, she may find it is a very hard secret to keep. Hmmm, maybe she should get in touch with Pete Ross.

Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Epiphany - 07/24/17 03:44 AM
Part 35

Finally!

What a tour de force! This puts the 'E' in Epic! All the outstanding plotlines were ties up neatly with brightly colored ribbon.

Ralph is up for a Kerth? Seriously? jawdrop

Cat wrote up an scathing article about Arthur Chow? As they say, Hell hath no fury ....

Lois walked up to Perry, spotting Clark in conversation with Bruce about what she could only imagine was related to their recent friendship as crime fighters. "Hey, Chief," Lois said pulling Perry's attention to her.

So glad they are friends in this universe. The whole Batman vs. Superman is annoying. The film even more so.

“This. All of this wouldn’t be possible without you, Lois. Every article here. The building we’re standing in. All of it is because of you. I can’t imagine my life without you standing by my side. You are the first person I want to talk to when I wake up and the last person I want to talk to when I go to sleep at night. You complete me.”

Way to go Clark. Very classy proposal.

From Perry’s office, Lucy watched with a small smile as Clark held Lois close. The ring on Lois' hand sparkled against the overhead lights in the Newsroom. “Good for you, sis,” She whispered. After all the chaos she had been through with Lois and Clark the more determined she became to keep Clark’s secret; even from him.

It was safer this way. She suspected Lois knew that she was onto them after she had given her the green meteorite she’d found, but she continued to pretend she didn’t know her now future brother-in-law moonlighted in tights. She pretended not to know and let Clark feel a sense of security around her. Maybe one day she’d tell him but today was not the day.

Thank goodness Lucy is keeping this all very quiet. The last thing Clark needs is to have another person in on the secret. Still, she may find it is a very hard secret to keep. Hmmm, maybe she should get in touch with Pete Ross.

Hi Morgana!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Yes it was a major Epic for sure.

Ralph wrote the article on the political scandal. He's a jerk and a creep but he can sniff the dirt out.
Yes, I thought it'd be fun to have Cat get her revenge on Arthur Chow.
I have no tolerance for BvS. They annoy me. I'm sure first meetings they don't trust one another but once they begin to get to know one another friendship is a must.
The proposal ... Oh, the proposal. So many feelings there.
Lucy knows the secret and knows what is at risk if she told. Hopefully she doesn't spill the beans.

© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards