I just finished watching this episode. I am increasingly impressed with the series. It's nice to see Cat being fleshed out a bit. I continue to be amazed that they are able to have such good special effects in a weekly series; although they wouldn't be particularly impressive in a movie, given the limited time and budget they have to work with, they are really making the most of what they have.

I'll put in spoiler tags any even remotely substantive comments I have about the episode, since I don't want to give anything away to anyone who has not yet seen Livewire.

I love the East egg meaning with Dean's line about knowing everything there is to know about Superman. I could also easily see L&C's Clark having a talk with his daughters similar to the one Jeremiah Danvers had in this show. Although I would expect Clark to convey the "Don't ever do that again; it's too dangerous" message in a much more understanding and much less severe manner. And having said that, I am glad to see that Dean is playing this character very differently than he played our favourite Kryptonian. I agree with other posters here that thereis a very real possibility that Henshaw lied to Eliza Danvers about her husbands having died. But even if he is dead, I would be very surprised if Dean weren't in most of the the next few episodes, at least, via flashbacks.

The first few episodes have done an excellent job of setting the stage for more than one multi-episode story arc. And I, for one, am looking forward to the ride.

Joy,
Lynn