Jeremy Jordon (after searching for him online...couldn't remember his last name earlier). Looks like he's Kara's good friend or boyfriend...the guy in all of the scenes with her trying on new outfits and capes. He's a Broadway kid...was in Newsies. He was great in Smash - 2nd season, where that show really hit its stride (before cancellation!). The scenes with him in the trailer were they only ones I enjoyed, along with the military thing (Bureau 39?). Chyler Leigh (had to look up her last name, too) gets cast in a ton of stuff, but never really delivers...Oooh, I just looked her up in IMDB - she was in Not Another Teen Movie! Calista Flockhart is chewing up the scenery like she's Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

Melissa was weak in Glee - blame her or the roll? - she looked like a stronger actor in this trailer. But what is the focus of this show? Her whining about wanting to do more for the world while being unappreciated and belittled at work? Her being a strong, powerful, feminist icon saving the world? Her balancing work, superwork, and life with her boyfriend? (Ooops...guess not...I just looked it up - Jeremy Jordon is apparently Winslow Schott, so that's not destined to work out so well!)

I wanted this to be good...really, I did. But I did not particularly enjoy this trailer. frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink