More Supergirl news from Deadline:
Deadline article

Relevant quote:
Jenna Dewan-Tatum has joined the cast of CBS’ upcoming drama series Supergirl. She will play Lucy Lane, as brash, funny and beautiful as her older sister Lois Lane and strong, smart and successful in her own right. She’s got a history with Jimmy Olsen and she’s come to town to right a previous wrong. The series centers on Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist). Since arriving on Earth from Krypton, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Dewan-Tatum starred on Witches Of East End, was a regular on The Playboy Club and appeared in American Horror Story: Asylum. She is repped by UTA, Management 360 and Bloom Hergott.

Jenna is Channing Tatum's wife. She has been a guest judge on "So You Think You Can Dance" several times and has always seemed to be a very likeable person. I actually think this is a pretty good casting choice. We didn't see much of Lucy on L&C or Smallville - I hope this allows the character to be more fully developed, and I can imagine Jenna bringing a lot of personality to the role.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink