I've just watched about half of the pilot so far. (I'll probably watch the other half over the next night or two.) I want to give the show another episode or two before I form an opinion; I could go either way with it so far. (Unlike L&C, the pilot of which had me hooked within a few minutes.)

There is one thing, however, that bugs me. I realize that they want to let Supergirl shine on her own show, and so they must of necessity keep Superman off of it as much as possible. I get that; I truly do. (I don't like it, but I do understand their reasoning.) But what bothers me is that they couldn't even bring themselves to say the name "Superman" or "Clark." They went to contortions of language to avoid doing so: A few of their circumlocutions: "he"/"him" (without giving any explicit antecedent), "the big fellow," and "my friend in blue." The closest they got to calling him Clark or Superman was calling him "Kal-El." It's almost as if her cousin were Lord Voldemort.

Am I being overly sensitive on this one, or was anyone else irritated by their avoiding even mentioning Kara's cousin by either of his Terran names?

Joy,
Lynn