I second just about everything Sue said above. goofy

I just watched the pilot (finally) and I have to say, it's not half as bad as I was expecting. (I've decided keeping my expectations low is the key for everything, barring the upcoming Star Wars that I'm trying and failing to remain neutral about.) It's got a bit more life to it than most of the superhero movies we've been getting as of late, and I'm honestly getting so tired of the whole my-life-was-awful-so-I-became-a-superhero motif. Too much angst and tragedy— and this coming from someone who LOVES angst and tragedy!!!

I think it has a lot of potential, provided CBS doesn't pull the plug early. The gal that plays Kara is downright adorable, and her enthusiasm is contagious. I'm anxious to see how they bring her adoptive family in more— I'm already loving everything they've done with the sister, and it's already one of the healthiest sibling relationships portrayed since I can't remember when. I'm assuming Dean (!! hyper DEAN!!!) will have a larger part in the season to come, simply because there would be absolutely no point in showing him if they weren't going to use him, or paying him for that small a cameo.

The lack of mentioning Clark thing didn't really bother me so much (yet), because I think it was very strategic. They're probably holding off on showing/mentioning Superman so much because they want to go over casting and do a big mid-season/season finale reveal. I hope she at least knows that Clark=Superman, but maybe they're saving that for some fun reveal down the line as well. The one thing that would disappoint me at this point would be if they somehow managed to wrangle Henry Cavill into the part, because I do not want to attach the DC movieverse and tv-verse like that. Frankly, I think DC is at their best when they're working in television format, as their movies have been proving as of late (NOT excited for Superman v. Batman based on every preview I've seen).

So far, I think it's good, wholesome, mostly lighthearted fun. I can't wait to see where they take it.

And finally... yes, James Olsen is positively drool -worthy. I think I'm in love. love

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain