Hello, Quelly. Welcome to the boards and thanks for starting this discussion. smile

Apparently, he has trouble with telling strong women (cough... Lana) "no"... perhaps it's any woman.
I had always had the impression that he has a hard time saying, "No," regardless of the circumstances. If Ralph had wanted to pal around with him by going to a football game, for example, I think Clark would have even had a hard time declining that offer. IMHO, it has nothing to do with the other person's gender; it has everything to do with not wanting to hurt another person's feelings.

And I agree with you about characters needing weaknesses. Not only are such characters more believable, they are also easier to relate to, and therefore (all else being equal) much more likable.

HiddenMoon, I, too, like Scardino and Mayson as characters. Scardino may be a bit brash, but his heart is generally in the right place. And while I don't want Mayson to be with Clark, I would have liked to have seen her find happiness with someone else (maybe Scardino? Two birds with one stone).

Joy,
Lynn

Joy,
Lynn