Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Mayson’s death at the end of the episode is one of the saddest moments of the whole series for me. It was the first time in this series where even Clark was too slow to save someone.
Which he couldn't be feeling at all guilty about in "Resurrection", now could he? If that wasn't a pull of conscience, I don't know what is. He wanted to be fully focused on Lois, but because he was, Mayson died. How many more people would die because of his love for Lois? <<Clark's thoughts, not mine.>> This is another reason why I thought Lois giving Dan in "Resurrection" the time of day was soooooooooooooooooooooo wrong. Clark is clearly going through stuff dealing with Mayson's death and Lois holds it against him. Lois should have been more kind to Clark and give him more time, for what he must be going through. She doesn't and I think she's cruel because of it.

I don't know. I know I'm in the minority, but the date felt staged. They already knew each other. They just put on pretty clothes and went out to a fancy restaurant and told different stories. I don't know how they could pretend NOT to know each other as well as they do, or what the point of it was. But then again, it's like putting on a big white dress and walking down the aisle to get married -- it's a symbol that their relationship has changed, a rite of passage. I know I always felt uncomfortable and fake, going out to a fancy place when there was no reason to do so, which is probably why they showed the end of the date at the restaurant and not when they first got there. They did have time to get comfortable. I've never been Lois's shoes and I have trouble understanding why Clark keeps trying to impress Lois with big expensive dates, when she already knows him (this date and the expensive concert tickets from before, which I could never see either of them at BTW). If you already know someone that should give you the freedom to be yourself and not act to impress.

After all that, I have to agree with LLF in that it was very adorable, and romantic, the preparation through to the slamming door end. I do give Clark bonus points for not leaving to go on a Superman rescue, but that comes back to bite him, now doesn't it?

I love the whole Lois freaking out and slamming the door. clap And Perry calming her down the next day.

A-Plot wise, we see Lois being used to trick Superman into stealing from the good guys to give to the bad guys, which probably doesn't help Clark's fragile ego any. sloppy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.