wave Welcome to the boards, Quelly!

I agree Clark, being the nice guy, strings along Mayson (who clearly will only take a strong "No" for an answer), which shows he's not quite the nice a guy as he'd like to be. Apparently, he has trouble with telling strong women (cough... Lana) "no"... perhaps it's any woman. Is he stringing Mayson along because he wants to see what happens with Lois first, and if it doesn't work with Lois, then Mayson is his fall-back? (A jerky thing to do.) Or does he not know how to say "It's not you; it's me" (i.e. Superman), which he knows will make him sound like a jerk? Because it IS a jerky thing to say, because it's telling the woman that she can't make that determination for herself (cough... Contact breakup). I'm sure that Clark has thought a lot about Mayson, but not in the way that Mayson has thought about him. He should just be honest with her about his feelings with Lois and stop stringing Mayson along, if he doesn't want to come across as a jerk. Honesty (not necessarily revealing honesty) is always the best policy. A woman will respect him more for being honest with her than for being "nice" to her ("nice" in quote since it really isn't nice to string a woman along without giving her a definite answer).

Clark's not perfect and that's a good thing. Perfect men (or women) don't exist and are less believable as characters. Unlike many people on these boards, I like both Mayson and Dan Scardino peep as characters, just not as romantic interests for Clark and Lois. (Hey, at least Scardino is better man for Lois than Lex, right?)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.