Hi all. Long time L&C fan, first post on these boards.

I'm curious what you think Clark was going to say to Mason at lunch before being interrupted by the phone call...

I've just watched this again and it goes something like:

"
Clark, this isn't easy but, I'm sure by the way I've been throwing myself at you that it's obvious I have feelings for you. This is where your supposed to say 'I have feelings for you too Mason'.

Well, I do.

That was enthusiastic.

Mason I care for you, and I think about you, a lot.

Then what's the problem?

How do I say this?

Look Clark, I'm a lawyer, I can tell you're hiding something, and it's keeping us apart. What is it? I can handle it.

It's not that simple.

If it's Lois, just say.

Mason, I care for you, and I care for Lois...

"

My impression from his wishing to avoid Mason's date requests (the play, lunch) and wishing to avoid Mason all together back in Top Copy (when he doesn't want to ask her for information on the assassin), is that he knows he doesn't feel the same way about Mason as he does about Lois. Lois has agreed to try a date with him, to think about him in that way, and he wants to pursue that. But here he makes Mason and Lois sound equal before the interruption, so what was he about to say next? Was there a "but" coming?

I'm also dying to know, when he says about the secret keeping them apart "how do I say this?!", is he wondering how to say it's Lois, or is he thinking the problem is superman?

And what does he mean "I think about you a lot"???!