Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Mike, I'm glad you liked "From the Ruins." I usually prefer lighter pieces, but this one was so powerful and so well-written that I make an exception for it. I like Nan's writing, and when I get a chance, I will try out "A Matter of Ethics". Thanks for the recommendation.

Christina, I just saw an article on the Superman Home Page site discussing the outing of Clark Kent as Superman. The article contains previews of the relevant story and did, indeed, specify that it takes place post-Convergence. Although I won't form a firm opinion until I read the story in its entirety and until I see whether this is a one-off, an alternate universe, or the new norm, I can say right now that I am not impressed with the artwork, and DC's* vision of the Clark/Superman character seems to be diverging more and more from my own. I am glad that the New 52 is wrapping up, and I am trying to maintain optimism that the post=New 52 world will be an improvement.

Time will tell.

Joy,
Lynn

* By DC, here, of course I mean DC Comics, not Deadly Chakram.

That article, and the images given are the ones I was talking about when I said this is kinda (but so totally not really) like the upcoming Post-Convergence story "Truth". I've decided that the Convergence: Superman stories will be the only ones I will buy from DCComics for the forseeable future. Instead I'll be spending whatever little money I have on the backissues of the Superman Family and the Earth-1 variant (i.e. the married Clark/Lois of the 60s and 70s).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)