Welcome back, my friend! Been looking forward to this one!

He ran the story. Of course he did. It was news, the biggest news since Superman’s debut, maybe even bigger, and he’s Perry White, editor of the top newspaper in the world. It was the story of a lifetime, so there was never any question that he’d run it.

<sinking feeling in gut>

When Jimmy saw the headline in the typesetter’s office, when he was asked to comb through archived pictures for the double headshot they needed, he’d confronted Perry, asked him how they could do this to CK.

Oh, Perry. How could you?

And so Clark walked into work unsuspecting. Unknowing. Still idealistic. Still happy. Relaxed, secure in his perceived safety.

<cries>

And Perry curses himself because, in the end, he knows exactly why he didn’t call the younger man, why he didn’t warn him that his secret was out for all the world to know.

This makes me wonder. Is it only out there because Lois? figured out CK=S? Or did something happen to spark the rumor mill?

“How does it feel, Superman?” she asked with a raised eyebrow. “You’ve always claimed to stand for truth and justice--isn’t it only fair that everyone knows the truth now?”

Lois, I would like to slap you.

he thinks that that’s the exact, precise moment when Clark Jerome Kent died.

So tragically beautiful.

townspeople who refused to say a word about the Kents’ whereabouts.

Well, at least he has *some* allies.

all avoiding more than a brief mention of Superman and drawing attention to people who need help or cities that need volunteers or situations that need addressing or charities that need money.

He would do that even if he hadn't been outted, and that just adds to the heartbreakingness. (Yes, Lois said that's a word now. Like chumpy.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon