Not sure what the quote limit is since the upgrade...

His realization that he is not needed for his words any longer, but only for what he can do.

And now you've just sucker-punched me in the guts.

In a way, Perry thinks, regardless that he chose Lane over Kent, he lost her too, more slowly but just as surely.

Absolutely true and heartbreaking.

But these people looking for him were desperate, so I told them their best bet was to try and find Jimmy.

Yeah, because that won't imperil him at all, Perry.

“He said they’d found Jimmy, informed him of the situation…and a day later, the crisis was over. I called in about a dozen favors, and now I know just how much of an understatement ‘life-threatening’ is.”

<Gulp> Nightfall.

“Then…what should I do?”

So simply stated, but for all the meanings it holds...Oh, Lois, I know you want your Clark back.

but there’s one thing I don’t think you ever realized--you’re one of the only people in this world who can either sever that thread or strengthen it to something that can last.

Oh. My. God. I LOVE this.

But Clark, he thinks, needs her more than the Planet does, and she needs Clark more than she needs her familiar refuge.

Always did. Always will. Even in less wretched circumstances.

So, you're posting part 2 tomorrow, yes? Please? Pretty please? With a Double Chocolate Crunch Bar on top?

As always, a pleasure to read. I would have posted *all* my favorite parts, but that would have required reposting the entire chapter.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon