hyper More comments! dance Hmmmm. Maybe I should write more non-canon based stories.

John: Thanks for coming by to visit! wave
I have to admit I didn't see the whole Dan/Mayson twist coming. However I should have.
Because it was one of my stories?

First off, the set-up of Clark seemed to be with someone who had talked to the other party directly, Lois's was a multi-layered one.
Oh, you mean because I dropped a whole bunch of clues.

On the other hand, while Clark did admit to being late, he just didn't seem to match the lateness of Lois.
He arrived at the bar on time, but it took him a little time to get in. Then, again, Lois isn't known for her patience. Five minutes could seem like a lifetime to her.

Also, both parties thinking the other had gone for the red carnation seemed to be odd as well.
I could see that happening if a third party came up with the idea.

I should have also realized that the decription of fashion fit much better for Dan than for Clark.
CLARK: I would hope so!

Originally Posted by John Lambert
I also want a sequel where Lois learned Clark's secret. Somehow I can't see him actually holding out till the first anniversary. What do I know though.
It's in with my muse at the moment. We'll see if anything comes of it in her spare time.

Sue S.: *Sue!* /humbly/ Thank you for the comments.

Aw! Very charming and fun! Nicely done, Virginia! thumbsup
Awww. Shucks. [Linked Image] Thank you.

I had to open the FDK thread to get to the TOC, so I'd caught a hint that there was a twist, and yet it still made me grin when I got to it. Extra points for including "Evening Flowers" at the end. laugh
/Points to TOC forum/ Thanks. I stumbled across it when trying to find some artwork that Clark wear. I'm not a big fan of Picasso, but I do like his flowers. I wasn't familiar with this piece, so I figured others might not be as well, which is why I included a copy of the picture at the end of the story. I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile

magical: Thank you for reading.

How unexpectedly lovely! And by "unexpectedly", I mean that I wasn't looking to read any stories on here tonight, but my finger slipped and hit the link for yours, so I just went with it. So glad I did!
I'm so glad that you liked it. smile1

The banter, witty repartee, immediate chemistry and plot twists were on point.
Thank you. It's been a while, so I figured I needed to stretch those muscles.

My favorite part was the explanation of the first, second and third degree. Who knew?!? I always thought "the third degree" was just a saying, not based on actuality. Bonus points for teaching me something new, Virginia.
As you may or may not know, I'm fairly well known for my mixed up idioms. Actually, this idea came from Wrong Clark. My beta correct my "Fifth Degree" with "third degree" and I Googled it and saw this explanation. It sounded like something Lois and Clark would "discuss", but it didn't fit in the scene for Wrong Clark, so when I was trying to come up with conversation points, I used this idea here. Sometimes it's the wrong turn that will take you to the beautiful view.

And I, for one, really don't care about the Mayson/Dan side of the tale, but I would love to fast forward to their year anniversary and the revelation, whenever that would occur.
Fast forward? /tugs at collar/ But that would mean jumping over a whole bunch of other possibilities for fun. It might be a several step process. [Linked Image] I've got a lot on my plate on the moment.

I'm glad you all enjoyed this little alt-beginning.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.