Shallowford: and mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Mrs. M
You really threw me when Clark called her Mayson. I thought it was one of those bait-and-switch stories where at the end you find out that the character isn't who you think it is, and I was about to go back through the story and figure out how I could have missed that. I love how it ended, though.
Yes, I worked hard at having only "she" when it was Clark's POV and only "he" when it was Lois's POV, and not have them say each other's names the whole evening long. In the first draft, I mentioned Mayson's and Dan's names in the opening scenes, but then decided it would be more fun to have it be a surprise.

I wonder how long it took Mayson and Dan to figure out that they weren't each other's intended dates and whether they hit it off regardless?
I believe it is popular fandon to have Mayson and Dan set up together (had she only survived). I know I've used it. whistle

Thank you for reading and commenting.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.