I'm with Yvonne in that I loved LnC: TNAOS because they took a totally mythical character - Superman - and made him a real person. Up until that show, I had no interest in Superman. Sure, I had seen the movies. But as far as I was concerned, he was just one of those comic book characters.

But in watching LnC, I fell in love with the Lois and Clark relationship. I wanted them to be together, felt the chemistry between them, agonized when they kept getting so close only to be pulled apart again and again. These two people were as "real" as any television characters could be, and their romance remains one of my favorites out there.

I don't expect all love stories to reflect reality. In fact, the best love stories, IMHO, are the farthest ones from reality because they are so great. How many real-life love stories exist that come even close to being that wonderful? There are always those little human foibles that can't be ignored in RL, so entering a fantasy is blissful escapism.

Even so, we each have our own parameters of what we like and don't like. That's cool. One person's cup of tea is another person's ice cold lemonade. I like a human Clark/Superman complete with the heart and faults of a more realistic man. Others prefer the idealistic version. And, thankfully, there are stories to appeal to all sets.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah